MR2Phil Vs. Halifax Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just starting a case against Halifax Credit Card. I already have the charges detailed etc and only comes to £396 so I'm hoping they pay out fairly easily!

Would love to hear from anyone that has been successful against Halifax CC with an idea of timescales etc. I have just sent off my Prelim letter and charge schedule by Special Delivery to arrive tomorrow afternoon. Whooo!

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Glad to see you have another thread, i will keep popping in to see how you are getting on. :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I won against the Halifax with my current account and they paid out quite easily and without going to court so I hope the credit card people play ball too! Plus its a very small amount but would still be nice to get back! Could almost pay the card off entirely (and cut it up!) with £300!

Received standard "Thanks for your complaint, we'll be in touch in 4 weeks" letter this weekend. Do I go ahead with the next one now or have any of the rules changed giving them more time? Been a while since I did the bank charges one.

Thanks

Sending off the LBA now...Special Delivery, natch. I make 14 days from tomorrow Boxing Day though. Last time I got the Halifax to pay up by making a phone call....might try that again, would be nice to get it before Christmas otherwise I can see it taking ages.

Thanks both of you! I am MUCH more relaxed about this than defending my CL Finance claim though!!

Additionally, just to stress me out, I sold a Wii on eBay last week and now the buyer is claiming he hasn't received it...which means that PayPal will put my account into the red and come after me for £235.50!!!! Nooooooo!!!! I didn't send it trackable before you ask...! :(

Additionally, just to stress me out, I sold a Wii on eBay last week and now the buyer is claiming he hasn't received it...which means that PayPal will put my account into the red and come after me for £235.50!!!! Nooooooo!!!! I didn't send it trackable before you ask...! :(

hi phil

if start a thread in here General Consumer Issues someone will give you help and advise

Thanks Tilly, I already did that...just off to check it now! ;-)

Btw, it makes you realise what a wonderful forum this is when you ask the eBay boards for advice and get called everything from stupid to dishonest. Very few genuinely helpful people on there unlike this place.

Btw, it makes you realise what a wonderful forum this is when you ask the eBay boards for advice and get called everything from stupid to dishonest. Very few genuinely helpful people on there unlike this place.

yes i totally agree with you thats what makes this site so brilliant there is always someone that will help you no matter

what the problem is :D

Does anyone have any names and direct lines for people that deal with CC claims that have proved helpful in the past? Using this info with the current a/c meant that I was able to speak to someone directly who was able to authorise my re-payment there and then. Would be great to be able to do this again.

Send the thankyou, but now wheres the rest, rejection letter.

They are trying it on with the £12 difference.

So yes carry on. :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks, Paul.

One more thing I wanted to ask: they are saying that any money returned will be as a lowering of the amount on my card. I'm not TOO bothered by this, but I wondered if I could just have it paid into my Halifax account (as I'm wary of them paying the money in then just lowering my limit).

Thanks