AIC - Are they really this Stupid???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Well Well Well, I have heard nothing on this one for months!! When I got home from work on Friday I had a letter from Intrum Justica telling me that I have 48hrs YAWN!!!

Does anyone know if:

A - One can sell a debt to another if the haven't responded to letters?

B - I should CCA request this lot as well or is there another letter to send?

Thanks in advance

hi,

A - no they can't pass a debt on that's in dispute!

B - No need to CCA them, you've done that already!

Send Intrum this, just edit to suit:

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE AND PASSED ON TO ANOTHER DCA

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with the **original creditor/DCA** and has been since DATE 2007.

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the CCA 74.

As **original creditor/DCA** are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, Subject Access request and have also breached s10 Data Protection Act request , I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the **original creditor/DCA** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as **New DCA** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If **New DCA** chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

Send recorded delivery and do not sign it, print your name

PV :-)

• Haha 1

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES. :)

Remember, they have the same legal authority as the acne-plagued youth who delivers your pizza

That's a bit harsh on the delivery boy

Isn't spotty there at your invitation at an agreed time with a topping as agreed?

On the other hand the DCA has less right to be there without an appointment & an agreed objective.

Grumpy

• 2 weeks later...

I sent on the letter kindly provided by PV. I have had no reply from them but I have had another letter from a completely different DCA calling themselves (Debt Investigations (UK) Ltd). Should I send them the same letter or do I need to do something else??

Why can't they just provide the CCA or say they don't have it and GO away??

Cheers FN :rolleyes:

Why can't they just provide the CCA or say they don't have it and GO away??

Cheers FN :rolleyes:

Cos that would be the sensible thing to do.

I would send them the same letter that you sent to IJ.

CCA request still in dispute after all!!

Spotnot

Spotnot v MBNA and their nasty solicitors (on behalf of my friend)

If I have helped in any way, click my scales.

Remember, we were all newbies once!!

When you win, donate!!!

• 1 month later...

***UPDATE***

I have had a reply from IJ appologising and informing that they have sent the file back to "Their Client".

I have had nothing more from debt investigations however I have now had a letter from Regal Credit Consultants claiming that they have been instructed.

Same letter will go out to these chaps and we will start again!!

It seems that AIC are quite notorious - see my thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/144666-bidster-allied-internation-credit.html for scans of their letters and tactics. They've now gone quiet since a CCA and a sternly-worded voicemail ;) They're now a couple of days past the 30-day cut-off, so I think I might wrattle-off a nice letter.

My issues stem from an old Mint card which was then passed to Triton. The last dealings I had with either were back in Feb '07 - neither responded adequately to a CCA request.

Good luck with Regal - I'm surprised that IJ backed-off so quickly!

The BidsterMeister

Helper of the hapless and hopeless...