Can't claim PPI. Can I claim these other charges back?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK so it looks like I wasn't charged any PPI on my Blemain secured loan.

However, the following were charged to the account:

1) Default Interest(for non / late payment) = 21.17

2) Legal & Documentation Fee = 585.00

3) Redemption Administration = 58.75

4) Collection Costs = 352.50

They say that the Legal and Documentation Fee is " ....non-interest bearing and covers all costs incurred during the underwriting process associated with the loan.." They say they "..defer payment of this amount until either early settlement or the end of the loan".

Can I claim any of these back?......at least items 1) and 4)?:rolleyes:

Bump ... I'm interested to know the answers to these Qs too.

Missy06 if you don't get a response, you could PM a Site Helper and ask them to check out this thread. Or, even better, have your thread moved to this forum PPI which deals with the issue in more detail.

I think you need to look at the loan agreement you signed when you took out the loan, does it say anything about costs incured when you redeem the loan?

If you dont have a copy you need to do a CCA section 77 request letter to get a copy.

pete

I think you need to look at the loan agreement you signed when you took out the loan, does it say anything about costs incured when you redeem the loan?

If you dont have a copy you need to do a CCA section 77 request letter to get a copy.

pete

Hi Pete,

I've looked at the loan agreement which they sent me and the costs incurred are the ones stated at the beginning of this thread.

I asked some of my colleagues - the consensus was 1 and 4, as you suspected.

PB - I haven't asked to move this thread to PPI since Missy wasn't charged for any PPI :)

Thanks for the feedback........Brilliant!

I'd better get on with this then......

Errrrhhhmmm, do I put a spreadsheet together for these 2 items (as we do for refund of charges), do Prelim, LBA, etc. Or do I write them and give them 8 weeks, etc like we do for PPI:???:?

Spreadsheet, 14 days for prelim, 14 days for lBA then court.

Steven4064,

ps: do I added interest (contractual or otherwise) to the default interest and collection costs from the date of redemption till now?......as we would normally do for credit cards, etc?:confused:

Steven4064,

ps: do I added interest (contractual or otherwise) to the default interest and collection costs from the date of redemption till now?......as we would normally do for credit cards, etc?:confused:

If it is a credit card then yes. If it is a loan, probably not as they won't have added interest just default charges (I think)