Tobes v HSBC **DEFAULT REMOVED**

Tobes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, after reading up on this fabby site I have just delivered the DPA letter to my local branch, in relation to an account that I had, now closed, several years ago.

The woman was really helpful and offered to give me everything there and then for free but I wanted to make sure the bit about manual intervention was covered so asked for it to be sent off to their data protection people. She found the address and is sending it, eek!/yay!

I asked for a copy of the address, the HSBC Data Protection Group, also phone and internal email :D and she was more than happy to, so if that address would be helpful, I can post it up.

Wish me good luck, I reckon the amount will be about £500...Not much but it's the principle!

Toby

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I am being chased by someone on behalf of HSBC for the ridiculous sum of £230-ish which is pretty much all charges..I think originally there was an errant direct debit, which brought one charge, and then all the rest is charges based on that one charge...It's a debt company threatening legal action, but I'm not sure if they'd go through with it...However, I want to be proactive and contact HSBC with a mega complaint...Now, I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me if I would be able to threaten small claims legal action...Because there wouldn't be an amount to ask for because I have refused to pay anything so instead I want to just get them to bugger off...Unless there is the matter of compensation or a 'gesture of good will' payment...

Many thanks for advice/suggestions :)

Treat this money as though it were paid. It doesn't matter that the sums are simply owed, they are asking you to pay this and threatening legal action.

Have a really thorough read through the FAQ section - then start the procss described. DPA request 1st - let's find every charge made in the last 6 years.

Once sent, or even before this, write to the DCA, not the bank, and let them know that the sum invloved is in dispute and that they have a legal obligation not to act on this until the matter is resolved, by a court if necessary.

Let them know that any marks made on your credit files in the mean time will be dealt with separately with legal action under the Data Protection Act.

Let us know if there are replies to these.

The FAQ section is your new God - at least for the next couple of days. No excuses, no rushing through it.

John

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

In response to my request for a full refund of charges I have received a request from HSBC for a full itemised breakdwn of the charges...I know some people included this in their original letters but I thought it was doing their jobs for them...I still think it a bit silly, since they have all the information in front of them at the click of a mouse/button...Should I just send it over?

Cheers

Yes.

I have no idea why the banks request this, but this is why we advise to send a list of charges with the prelim and LBA.

They have all the information readily available to them so it must be a stalling tactic.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

ok how about this:

Dear Mr Langdale,

Thank you for you letter dated 27th June, 2006

I do not understand why you have requested from me an itemised breakdown of the unlawful fees you have levied against me, since I have obtained this information from your own records. I would also inform you that there will be no newly proposed charges because the account has been closed for some time, a fact you should have noted.

I consider this request to be a stalling tactic and am outraged by it. Irrespective of your request, I shall be holding to my deadline, and if you do not respond positively to me within 14 days of my original letter, I shall send to you a letter before action, giving you a further 14 days to reflect and a promise of court action with no further notice from me. I will, if this matter is taken to court, inform the judge of this stalling tactic, and show that I have made every effort to resolve this without court action. To that end, I include in this letter the information you requested, under protest.

I will take this to court if necessary because I am confident that I will win. I am steadfast in this matter.

Please note that proof of sending has been obtained.

sounds very good there, obvioulsy you dont intend on giving up too easy;-)

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

• 2 weeks later...

ok HSBC have just offered me £750 out of £867 just after my LBA which is quite cool, but I will demand the full amount. I am worried that they will offset it against my defaulted card, which I've not claimed for yet, especially as I've no longer got a current account with them. If they do I will still take it to court because they've defaulted me for the card and so that relationship has broken down.

not to worry, when you get an offer from hsbc solicitors after submitting your court claim, make a stipulation of the settlement be that you are paid by cheque , that way you can do with it as you please

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Like Maverik says make it a sipulation in the terms and conditions of the settlement with them that you wish to be paid by cheque as once this claim is finished you intend to dispute the charges regarding your CC account. If they won't then tell them you will pursue the claim in the courts then who will then once you win the case that the payment has to be made as you see fit.

I made this mistake when got into negociations with them of not doing this so people need to be made aware that they will if not stipulated to be paid by cheque they will offset it against any default.

see my thread for more info if you wish.

DG Solictors. Need Help

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

• 2 weeks later...

Best of luck.....

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

lol I've just received a letter asking for a full itemised breakdown of charges...AGAIN...They seem to be retrograding lol since I've just informed them that I've initiated a claim and that I sent them the breakdown when they first requested it and they've since offered me a reduced settlement figure...Oh well, I shall just ignore it I think... :D

was request from hsbc or dg solicitors

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

its normally him or ds solicitors because they are looking to pay out

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

Hey Tobes, You mentioned a fax number earlier in this thread, could you let me have it by pm as the one on the contacts thread for David Lewis is not responding. Thanks in advance.

Kingliam

:!:

On behalf of the Ginger one

Lloyds TSB - 1ST 12/07/06-LBA 26/07/06-MC-14/08/06-Court-31/01/2007

Halifax - D P A 02/10/06

On behalf of MumKing

Barclays Bank D P A 29/08/06

On behalf of DJ Sunny

Alliance & Leicester D P A 29/08/06

On behalf of GrandmaKing

GE Capital D P A 30/10/06

Barclays Bank D P A 30/10/06 - 1ST 15/11/06 *Microfiche [problem]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks