Intrum Justicia on Watchdog now

seabro
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It was about them demanding money from britiannia customers that had paid there bill.

There was even one guy that had proof he has paid his bill and they did not accept it from him till watchdog got involved.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

here is the link

BBC - Consumer - TV and radio -

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Their attitude is the same as all the debt collecting industry - we're right, you're wrong, now pay up. They just don't understand there is a possibility they may be wrong and that the only way round it is to say sorry. Should it not be time that all debt collectors get told to sort thmselves out or face having to pay out compensation to the people they make false accusations against. That'll spoil a few Christmas parties!

That is a good idea and would be on that i can see happening as they would never admit they are wrong. I cant see pll actually getting the compensation either as all DCA will just take it off the bill then sunndenly charges would creep on and the compensation would not be existent.

Long before companies go into administration, staff get disheartened and records are not updated correctly. In comes the DCA and without checking facts (trusts a computer printout no doubt) issues letters to all and sundry. Some will unwittingly pay twice, some do owe and others are sure of their facts and tackle the DCA head on.

ok so if this is rite why did IJ not comment on this when they were given the opertunity and why had one customer been told that the matter was now being investigated on the wednesday?

Just had alook at credit Today forum ..makes for good reading and just thought i would share this little gem from the data and CRAs thread

I guess it would depend on how the deed of assignment was worded Steve. Mind you, some of these assignments have been pretty dodgy anyway. If I owned a debt purchasing company, I'd be a little miffed at some of the nonsense that finds its way into the portfolios. Totally unenforcable debts, statute barred debts, debts made up of unlawful credit card charges. The list goes on.

Live Life-Debt Free

Well we all no what its like with a lot of these companys. Wanting money without considering the facts.

I would say tho the only dealing i have had with IJ was not to bad. When l told them the account was in dispute they sent me a large pre paid envelope so l could sen all the details off. They have not contacted me since and that will be 2 years in January.