Creation Finance - Car Warranty

essexbas
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Looking for advice please on what my next move may be...

Purchased a 5 year warranty being financed by Creation Consumer Finance in Feb 07. Fell into arrears and so far missed 4 payments totaling approx. £300 To cut a long story short, l am keen to resume the monthly payments as l feel comfortable having a warranty just in case. The problem now is that l have sorted my finances Creation will not consider accepting payments unless l pay off the arrears in full, which lm not able to do. (to be fair l havent made the payments, as l want assurances they will re-instate the warranty)

I have requested that they consider the following:

1) Add the arrears to the total balance

2) For me to pay an extra £20.00 each month until arrears are clear

The creation staff l have spoken to are so rude (after searching on this forum it appears to be their style) they will not give me a named person l can writie to to request the above, l am just told l will get the same answer and that the matter will be passed to an outside agency for collection.

I appricate that the matter was my own doing by stopping the payments (after l rang them to advise of problems first) however l am no banging my head against the wall.

I have rang NAC who the warranty is with and they are not interested.

I would really appricate your advice as to how to progress, l dont fancy paying a collection agency for a warranty l dont have and l cautious that by paying the monthyl payments anyway still wouldnt ensure the car is covered.

Many thanks

EssexBas

Hello

Am I correct in thinking the 5 year warranty is some £4500?

Also, it is a standard clause that you have to keep up with payments to be covered. Is the policy just suspended rather than cancelled?

Hi

The cost is approx. £2,000 and accordng to NAC the warranty has not been cancelled as yet, although l think l'm right that should l need to make use of the warranty it would not be honured?

I wouldn't have thought you can use your warranty now until you bring it up to date.

Btw, if you join the AA, or are already a member, then you can buy repair cover for just £60 a year and it will repair up to £500 of work.

I wouldn't really recommend any other warranty as they are often rubbish.