Withheld Numbers

katym609

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just had a call from a Withheld number claiming to be Intelligent Finance wanting me to give them my address as their letters are bouncing.

It's possible they do have a very old address of mine if they haven't been reading my letters (I did have a loan with them before going on cccs)..... but it's my understanding that they aren't allowed to call from withheld numbers anymore?

When they said they couldn't prove who they are they asked me to call back on 0870 8501397, which I can't see on their site (they are all 0845 there) or google.

Does that seem dodgy to anyone else?

Phone them on the number on the website and they will be able to tell you if the number quoted belongs to them.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

but it's my understanding that they aren't allowed to call from withheld numbers anymore?

Almost. Where they actually provide a number, it must be to a non-premium rated number (not 09) and allow the call recipient to call them back. If they choose to call with their number withheld, this does not apply (as you won't know who to call). It is only automated calling systems that have the call-back number mandated, if it is someone in the office calling you directly, they don't have to.

Why don't you ask them for some info that will demonstrate to you that the caller is really who they say they are? If you once had a loan with them, then surely they will know how much it was for? Are there any reference numbers they can quote to you? Can they name someone you once received a letter from, etc.? If they can't verify anything at all, there's a good chance they may not really be from IF.