• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

My EGG Claim

giveitbacktome!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, called EGG the other day and requesed for all my statements from when i took out my EGG card about 2 1/2 years ago to be sent to me - they just added £10 to my card balance. Recvieved these all yesterday......totalled up all overlimit charges and late payment charges and they totalled £760.

Im still unsure what to do as I'm worried they are going to stop my credit card....and therefore affect my credit rating even more.

Do I still pursue this and go for the £760 they have taken from me in UNFAIR charges????

Also there must be over £500 debited to my account for payment protection which I personally dont remember saying I wanted in the 1st place

Any suggestions???

Thanks

yup

ask them to provide proof that you asked for the PPI - if they cannot prove it - claim it back

also check the terms and conditions, charges are usually charged intrest at the purchase's rate - make sure you add this in

ie a charge back in 2001 for £20 charged at 19.9% APR is a lot more than £20

Halifax Credit Card - £408.16 - Settled in FULL 26/6/06

Halifax Loans - £397.97 - Settled in FULL 25/8/06

GE Money Topman £216.75 - SETTLED IN FULL

Marbles LBA - £475.00 - £250 Offered :rolleyes:

Halifax Current Account LBA - SETTLED IN FULL

Yorkshire Bank Current Accounts £2271.77 - Issued 30/6/06 - Default Judgement Issued - Warrant of Execution Requested

Capital One - LBA - £88 Knocked of Balance

Egg PPI - LBA

thanks for your reply....

i wasn't aware of that....how can i work that out.....or should it be on my statement.....or is there some way of working it out....if so whats the calculation, i think my first charge was in early 2004 for £20, so if the APR was say 15% what could i claim for now on that £20 charge? Also, about the payment protection, do I also include this in the same letter if so, what about the following.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I have seen that since I opened my account with you, you have taken ££££ from me for payment protection, I would appricate it (excuse the spellling), if you could send me proof that I agreed to take this out when I opened my account with you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

many thanks

like i said, check your credit agreement it will state the intrest APR on charges

if they refund the charges then why let them get away with the interest ?

ie a £20 charge in early 2004 will have generated around £7 interest for them also at 15% APR - just amend the Intrest % in the Template available from the forum

Yorkshire Bank Current Accounts £2271.77 - Issued 30/6/06 - Default Judgement Issued - Warrant of Execution Requested

Egg PPI - LBA

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

the excel spreadsheet lets you put in charges

couple of things, if your balance got paid off in full after a charge you can only claim the interest up till the point when you balance is zero - this is what ive done anyway, becuase if your balance is zero there is no interest being added for the charge

Egg PPI - LBA

YOUR GONNA HATE ME!!!!

i've clicked on the link and tried to find which template it is....

what is the name of the thread i click on as all the ones i click on say that i shouldn't use this until when i make a claim via the court...

where as this is just a pre-lim letter

thanks

yer there seems to be a bit of confusion - fact is - you barly pay anything for when a bank charges you a fee - usually you are still in credit/in your overdraft

but the credit card companies charge an APR on charges just like purchases - so infact take extra

its Vampiresses template i used and just adjusted the APR to suit

but yer, use the prelim letter but state how much interest they have already charged you also

that what i did for Capital One this morning

Egg PPI - LBA

cool think i've found it....the one which has 3 tabs at the bottom:

Notes

Charges & Interest

8% Interest

I have clicked on the 8% interest one and I will change it to whatever my APR is for charges....i'll do it tonight and send it tomorrow - thanks - means im getting even more money im owed!!!! i have never cleared the balance so i take it im entitled to it all???

thanks for all your help

rs

NO - You don't fill in the 8% page, thats for when you go to court as you can then claim 8% back. You need to fill in the 2nd page titled "charges and interest". If you fill in all the details it will calculate how much interest you have paid on your charge. There is no need to know the APR as the beginning balance and end balance of each month is used to calculate things. Read the NOTES page on the spreadsheet as it explains it in detail.

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

thanks....found the charges & interest part

However, Im doing this for captial one as well, and I cant see anywhere on my statements where interest has been added, it just has the overlimit and late payment charges - can i still get it to work it out?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...