Debt Mountain Versus Barclays Bank Account.

Debtmountain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi DM,

I'm afraid, as Sea Sidelady says, that the fees charged for stopping the cheques cannot be reclaimed as the bank is providing a service, albeit a relatively expensive one.

Ironically, if you'd have left the cheques to be bounced by the bank, you could have now reclaimed those fees saving £50. :mad:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I was in a bad way at the time and just informed the payees that the cheques had been stopped. Barclays got me in a big mess in the first place, so it was all their fault as far as I am concerned. I do have another question. Barclays sent me statements from 2000. Can I claim back the charges over 6 years old?

You can certainly claim them - whether or not you get them repaid is another matter.

Claiming back beyond 6 years will complicate your claim. Barclays have repaid chgs that are slightly over the 6 years but may be less willing to settle with you because of the older chgs going back a further 2 years.

If you go to court, it will mainly depend on the judge whether you get older chgs back.

Read here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31575-important-things-you-really.html?garpg=6

If you're up for arguing on the basis of s.32 Limitations Act 1980, take a look here for an example (not yet agreed by Barclacard) - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/115319-reddannio-card-3.html#post1415715

Finally, if you want the older chgs back, you're best to include them now with an otherwise simple claim. If you just claim the 6 years now and then try later for older charges, the later claim is more likely to fail.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I tried hardship when trying to stop a stay way back, their barrister had some very stock objections, I got the impression that you needed to have raised that with them at the time and produced evidence to support that, that you couldn't just say 'hardship'