Debt Mountain Versus Barclays Bank Account.

Debtmountain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had 2 accounts with Barclays fully settled at the end of 2003 or early 2004. I want to claim back charges on these accounts. I can't find the account numbers though. I went into my branch with my passport, but they said they had no record of me. I phoned up a few different departments. Again, they said they had no record of me. This is very frustrating. What do I do now? Any advice greatly appreciated.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

I dont see why not.

The online application only takes 10 minutes.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

You could make copies of your id, ie passport, driving license, household bills, your address and any previous addresses that might be relevant.

And send it recorded delivery to the head office.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 1 month later...
This lot are really playing games with me. Will update after their 40 days expires.

Welcome to the Barclays fan club.

Expect their ignorance, and blatant disregard for your rights.

Do not give them a day longer than necessary.

Welcome to the Barclays fan club.

Expect their ignorance, and blatant disregard for your rights.

Do not give them a day longer than necessary.

Fully agree. Inconsiderate and ignorant. I have posted on one of my threads that when thinking about Barclays i develop tourettes :mad: I have to engage in a lot of self control when posting on here about them, to ensure i am not rude or abusive.

It will be the biggest relief to get them off my back. DCAs have been far easier to manage.

Keep at 'em - never give them a minutes peace!! :-)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Original letter sent 3rd December. No reply. Sent recorded and have proof of delivery.

2. 2nd letter sent 18th December with a copy of the letter from 3rd December attached. I asked for an update of their progress and acknowledgement of the matter. Sent recorded and have proof of delivery. They replied to my son, not me, with a list of charges on his old account. He actually still owes them money. My son has a different first name to myself, but the same middle name. I had actually retrieved one of my 2 account numbers by now and did clearly state and include this in this letter. They did this on purpose right?

3. 3rd letter sent 31st December with copies of previous 2 letters attached. Sent recorded and have proof of delivery. I reminded them of my name and the blatant error they were responsible for. I told them in no uncertain terms that I wouldn't go away.

4. Received a letter from Barclays on 6th January, again to my son, listing a few charges on his account and making out that this was the end of the matter.

5. Decided to just let the clock tick as I had done everything I could have done. Still not a single acknowledgement to myself from Barclays.

Somehow I don't think they want to pay me the hundreds and hundreds of quid they owe me. What do I do now? Feeling a little demoralised.

Hi DM,

Re item 2. - I doubt they did this on purpose. Far more likely to be a mistake, but a very serious one for them to make. There are Data Protection issues here which I will come back and address later.

If they have one a/c no. for you, AFAIK they should be able to cross reference ALL your info (including other a/c nos.) from this.

I'll be back with a suggested course of action.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Re yr post #9, have you actually sent Barclays an SAR with the fee, and when.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks for the clarification.

They are very slow to release the data you've requested and I won't bore you with examples of how CAGers have been sent no info or wrong info for months befroe they comply.

If they'd sent your son's info to you, or your info to your son, there would have been a Data Protection breach which I think would involve a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

However, there's been no such breach and I think you should just continue with your SAR action. They've had 40 days to reply to your SAR which expired on 9th Jan so you can now take your next steps. See here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

It is MY opinion that, if they have 1 a/c no. for you, this will cross ref ALL info and a/c nos. which they have for you. I would point this out to them when threatening Court action to force them to comply with the SAR.

• 1 month later...

Things are slowly coming together on this. I had no account numbers to begin with. I got one account number from an unenforcable CCA that some DCA sent me and gave this to Barclays with my second letter. Those statements arrived today after pressure from the Information Commissioners Office. What is fantastic is that there is a transfer to the other account in the statements. I am forwarding this second account number to Barclays today. I'm sure they knew what it was anyway. They have no excuse now. Should I submit one prelim letter now or wait for the statements on the other account?

Glad to see your finally on your way with these claims now. :D

You dont need to wait. Send your prelim letter, and get the ball rolling.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Yup, get on with reclaiming on the 1st a/c now.

It could be weeks or months till you get the info for the 2nd a/c.

If the 2nd a/c's info turns up quickly and the 2 a/c's are similar (ie both are personal or both are business a/c's) you can File one Court Claim covering both a/c's.

I've noticed that there seem to be a load of £7.50 charges on the account for the last year it was active. My son thinks it is for something called 'Additions'. He says he had this put on his old account without his consent as well. He happened to notice it and got it taken off straight away though. I'm sure I never asked for this. Can I claim these charges back as well?

Most have kept the additions seperate from the charges I think made seperate approaches to the bank for each ..... what you could do is add paragraph to your prelim letter regarding the Additions Fee :)

Hi DM,

Claim back all Paid Referral fees.

Re the Additions chgs, I would take this up with Barclays seperately (Customer Services/Relations). You can't include these chgs on your court claim and this issue may just be overlooked.

Quantify how much you've been chgd in Add'ns Fees and write asking for them to be refunded (I assume) because you never asked for this option.

I would say include them in your figures at this stage and I'll try to get opinion on this.

You can always drop this item of the claim if it's going to cause problems.

I didnt think you could, i thought it was classed as a service. :rolleyes:

F&Q's... Read here