• Tweets

• Okay so potentially it may not even get sold on? Just the default left for 6 years then gone? but if it is sold on ill get a letter from the DCA which is the notice of assignment? Sorry what is the different between a default notice and a default cal marker? yes, i may try and work arrangements out with the OCs after the breathing space but I'll see my circumstances then thank you again for all your help and patience, I really appreciate it and apologies If i am too fast or repeating myself.
    • receiving a default NOTICE (forget simple default cal markers) does not mean it will get sold on... OC's very very rarely do court themselves.  if it does you would receive a Notice of Assignment from the debt buyer/DCA.  as for reduced payment if it remains with the OC and they issue a DN, no harm in trying but lets get all your ducks inline first. dx  
    • okay thanks do you know how long it will take for it to get to the DCA or could the OC try and issue a CCJ? even though it's unlikely also for example would the OC agree to a reduction and a small payment over a super lengthy period of time if agreed? Rather than go through chasing apologies again for all the questions, just trying to understand all the possible scenarios.  
    • Currently - "the maximum daily price at 100p / kWh for electricity and 30p / kWh for gas – keep in mind that's a lot higher than the Ofgem Energy Price Cap, so if you can't afford prices to increase further, you're probably better off sticking with a protected tariff such as Flexible Octopus." Octopus Tracker is a product of our labs, available now to customers through our beta programme. Octopus Tracker is a beta product. Some things may not work the first time, and installations and processes may take longer than we'd like. Third party tech like In-home Displays won't always work, and on occasion data issues with smart meters can take significant time to fix or prevent things from working at all.   Copied straight from octopus   Feel free to shove it somewhere else    
    • depends what the fees are, typically nothing can be added once judgement is passed bar litigation costs. on document retention time limits etc at least 6yrs previous must be held though many hold complete info. as for acronyms and abbreviations ideally yes they should     
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Help with PPI from GE Money

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wrote to GE Money and i used the template letter. I got a reply back from them stating that they will not refund any money

As i took out the store card back in 2000 with PPi. They say that the FSA and media coverage only relate to polices purchased after 14 Jan 2005 when FSA's ICOB regulations came into force as my policy was taken out in 2000 the FSA decision is not relevant but they take all complaints of this kind seriously.

I had a pre existing condition and at the time it was around the time when there was sudden death in the family. No one asked me in the store about this but only where to sign (The sales rep marked the application with X's to fill and where to sign).GE capital state they now want me to supply them details in order for them to investigate further.

They also state there is no requirement upon them to record the sales process and they have no way of knowing what took place but i had 30 days to cancel if i was not happy they also state my insurance was clearly stated and the insurance was up graded in 2003 which i never asked for.

Despite saying all that they have cancel the insurance even though i did not ask them to in my letter to them.

I would like some advise and what I should do know e.g send them the info on my medical condition which i feel i should not do. GE Money were fined by the FSA for mis selling.it sounds to me that they are trying to frob me off just like them banks tried.

all help welcomed

Guest ChloeJane

Loupy I found this helpful!

Checklist

If you can answer ‘no’ to one or more of these questions, then you may have been mis-sold PPI.

• Optional Did the adviser make it clear that the insurance was optional? (if this was the case)
  • Exclusions Did the adviser tell you about any significant exclusions under the policy – for example, the exclusion that says you won’t be covered for any pre-existing medical condition?
  • Paying for insurance up front If you took out a loan or finance agreement, did the adviser make it clear that you would have to pay for the insurance up front in one single payment?
  • Borrowing to pay for insurance If you had to pay for the insurance as a single payment, did the adviser make it clear that the insurance cost would be added to the loan and you would be paying interest on it?
  • Insurance that runs out If the term of the insurance was shorter than the term of your loan or finance agreement, did the adviser make you aware of this?

Have a look at ‘PPI – the rules’and if applicable 'PPI – rules before 2005' for more detail on what they should have done.

• 1 month later...

writing another letter to Ge Money on the lines

the sale of PPI was not regulated by FSA until January 14 2005 but before this date, advisers still had rules to follow. As you were selling PPI, you would be covered by a code of practice imposed by one of three trade bodies. All three codes of practice required your advisers to provide information at the time the insurance was taken out, to help me decide if the policy was suitable for me. At no time did your member of staff made it clear that PPI was optional as I was asked to sign the crosses marked on the application form.

I do not feel your letter has offered a satisfactory justification that my policy was sold fairly, reasonably and within my best interests so I request that you look into my complaint again. If I do not receive a more favorable response within 14 days I shall be taking my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

Should i include the facts of my medical condition or not?

Can they upgrade the insurance without my permission?

As they cancelled the PPI on their own accord,are they indirectly accepting liability?

advice most welcomed

writing another letter to Ge Money on the lines

the sale of PPI was not regulated by FSA until January 14 2005 but before this date, advisers still had rules to follow. As you were selling PPI, you would be covered by a code of practice imposed by one of three trade bodies. All three codes of practice required your advisers to provide information at the time the insurance was taken out, to help me decide if the policy was suitable for me. At no time did your member of staff made it clear that PPI was optional as I was asked to sign the crosses marked on the application form.

I do not feel your letter has offered a satisfactory justification that my policy was sold fairly, reasonably and within my best interests so I request that you look into my complaint again. If I do not receive a more favorable response within 14 days I shall be taking my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

Should i include the facts of my medical condition or not? yes

Can they upgrade the insurance without my permission? no

As they cancelled the PPI on their own accord,are they indirectly accepting liability? MMMmm quite interesting, I would say yes, but they will never admit it.

advice most welcomed

Hello Loupy,

You must certainly keep at them, I truely know how frustrating these disputes are.

The FOS may not investigate your claim, due to the date the account was opened, you are best to give them a ring to clarify this before wasting time doing this.

The other option is legal action, submitting a N1 at your local court, that will make them sit up and take attention:D

Now I know for a fact there has been one successful cagger, who GE paid out before the court date

These financial institutes rely on many claimers giving up on these claims, they simply become disheartened and go away, But with help and encouragement from the site, you will be successful. You have to determined.

Please read the stickies at the top of the forum, these are extremely helpful to guide you in the legal process that may be involved.

Do you know the figures?????

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

the cost i calculated so far premium amounts to £340 yet to work out the interest. looking for the calculation template can you direct me to the link.

Should I include the spreadsheet once completed with my 2nd letter?

What I finding that these companies seem to always refer to the statements clearly been shown with the PPI or other charges on them stating the outstanding balance etc and could cancel within 30 days of opening account. this seem to be their defence.

I need help with this one.

• 4 weeks later...

Got a response from GE Money.

In relation to your reference to the sales process in store, I would reiterate that there was no requirement upon us to record the sales process and so we have no way of knowing what took place. However, if information was not provided at the time your insurance

was taken out, you would have been able to call at any time in the first 30 days and we would have removed the insurance from your account.

I note that you say that you were not told that the policy was optional when it was taken out in November 2002, but I also note that the process that we had in place was to make clear that it was not compulsory. I can confirm that on the agreement you signed it asked you to sign if you required the Account Cover, which you did. Therefore, it appears that it was made clear that the policy was optional and that you elected to take out the insurance. Once a customer has decided to take the product, a policy summary and

policy document is mailed to the customer for their review. We also offer a 30-day noquibble guarantee where the product may be cancelled, and any premiums refunded (subject to no claim being made). This allows time to compare the policy to that of any

other insurance companies.

I appreciate thet you were suffering from stress due to tragic circumstances and also a pre-existing medical condition from 1998. However, as you have not provided evidence to support your claim, I am unable to investigate your concerns further. I can

confirm that requesting proof does not demonstrate that the policy was mis-sold. It is required to confirm that you did not meet the eligibility criteria to claim against the insurance. I would therefore, ask that you forward the evidence required, in order to pursue our investigations.

GE capital have not stated what evidence they require but I suppose I can send them my letter from doc's. This all seem like trying to get me to give up.

What should I do now?

i would ring the fos to find if they will act against ge.ge were not a member of the gisc before regulation in 2005 so they may not help as i found.knowing ge what ever you provide them with they will always deny misselling.you can use the fla but again my experience with them has been a complete waste of time.go along to your local cab and take them to court.contact all the trade bodies you can oft ,fsa local trading standards . please don,t give up .they have done the wrong :mad:

• 1 year later...

It been a while due to many family situations and my health suffering I have fallen behind on this. Where should i start from - send GE money another letter before i start court action, send in medical evidence.