I have not been Paid on Payment Date - PLEASE HELP!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was wondering if anybody could help.

I am usually paid on the 28th of every month and I go to pay for petrol this morning as I should have money in my account and my card is refused as no money has been put in there.

Luckily I was able to pay with a cheque - Tesco's - thank you

Anyway my companies strance is that it says in my contract that payment date is last day of the month - which is what is used to be but they changed it over a year ago to the 28th which they have done every month up till now.

I am left with no money and they say it may not be till Friday that I will get paid - please can anybody help me with this and tell me what I can do to take action against them.

kiri260180

Did you get it confirmed in writing that the payment date was changed to the 28th?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

If you have it in writing that the payment date is the 28th then that is effectively the change to your terms and conditions. However, you should have been given notice in advance that the payment was going to be late this month (and the reason why). If you incur bank charges due to insufficient funds for DD's & SO's etc then your employer should reimburse those to you.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

• Haha 1

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Natalie,

If this matter is not resolved you will have to first submit a formal grievance,obtain a copy of your companies grievance procedure.

If you are in a Union seek support from them.

This is a breach of contract and you should state that in any grievance you raise.

Regards,

Paul.