abbey default me! please help

keithandjen1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

in september, my friend sent his pre-lim letter to abbey for charges totalling £1450 against an overdraft of £2300(the late start was because it took Abbey nearly 4 months to finally send all the statements). In october a Richard Harris replied, telling my friend that everything was on hold blah blah blah. Last week he received a letter from a debt recovery company giving him 7 days to pay the £2300, and today he discovered he has been defaulted. Is this allowed? We thought that this was an "account in dispute" situation. Could anybody please advise as my friend is(understandably) very worried.

ok, tell your friend that he should send this letter

Dear X,

RE: Account in dispute

AC No; XXXXX

I am concerned that I have expressed a dispute as to the amount outstanding on this account, you have breached the requirements of both the banking code and OFT Debt collection guidelines by passing this alleged debt to a third party.

I do not wish to be unreasonable, so I am prepared to discuss repayment of the amount outstanding minus the amount in dispute and come to some reasonable arrangement.

Please also treat this letter as a formal complaint. I would ask that you acknowledge this letter, and send me a summary of how you will deal with this complaint.

Yours Sincerely,

XXX

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

the thing is, I dont know whether this will work or not, because he took Abbeys word for it and didnt file at court

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed