Champix - anti smoking drug warning!!

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Typical ex-smokers attitude

Keep it up all of you trying to give up. Best of luck

I wouldn't regard it as "typical ex-smokers attitude". You should not tar everyone with the brush!

Yes, some people do go way over the top but not everybody does.

I am an ex smoker. I gave it up in the space of two minutes after a little chat with my heart consultant in hospital.... from 40 a day to zero.

That cold turkey was delicious.

I don't have a problem with other people smoking, in the same room as me, if they wish. I had so many instances of the holier-than-thou attitude of some ex-smokers when I smoked, that I vowed that I would never fall into that trap..... and I never have.

I will freely applaud anyone who makes the choice to give up smoking and encourage them in any way that I can. On the other hand, I will never criticize anyone who doesn't succeed. Having tried, unsuccessfully, a number of times before my first heart attack... rather, I will suggest that they try again. It's a habit and I know from experience how hard it is to quit.

Well done everybody who has made the decision. Good luck.

If you have failed and succumbed to having a fag..... it's not the end of the world. Just try again....You'll reach your goal eventually.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

I'm sorry Rooster perhaps my previous post was wrongly worded but it is the attitude of a lot of ex-smokers. I am a long distance lorry driver and have had several aborted attempts at giving up, I smoke from boredom. I am going to have another attempt now that the new smoking laws have come into being and I can no longer smoke while I am driving.

So here goes, I will let you know how I get on.

Hi Michael good luck in your quit! ;)

You are right in that a lot of people do have that attitude but i can

honestly say with hand on heart ive never had this attitude before when ive given up smoking

I think its down to the fact that i know i have given up for the final time, i will never smoke again

I have a bad chest so gave up for three reasons, my health, my grandchild and money

Champix made it easy for me, i hope you do as well as me

I'm sorry Rooster perhaps my previous post was wrongly worded but it is the attitude of a lot of ex-smokers. I am a long distance lorry driver and have had several aborted attempts at giving up, I smoke from boredom. I am going to have another attempt now that the new smoking laws have come into being and I can no longer smoke while I am driving.

So here goes, I will let you know how I get on.

Well its been a week now since I gave up the smokes. It hasn't been easy, especially since going back to work. But I think I'm getting there.

good for you!! congratulations!! keep up the good work and please permit yourself a drink or 10 this evening to celebrate the mighty Foxes return to Division 1 :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Who's the mighty Foxes, is that the team with an ex Jambo in their ranks :p

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there, three weeks now and still not smoking. My wife says it is a miracle. I am beginning to notice what you said callumsgran about smokers smelling of ciggies as well.

I have given myself a pat on the back.

Well done Michael :D

I didn't have any side effects with Champix, apart from a little nausea with the first tablet in the morning. Eating before hand sorted that out.

Good luck to everyone who is quiting, it's the best thing you can do for yourself.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Well done Michael :D

I didn't have any side effects with Champix, apart from a little nausea with the first tablet in the morning. Eating before hand sorted that out.

Good luck to everyone who is quiting, it's the best thing you can do for yourself.

Lex

Thank you Mr lex, I haven't used Champix done it all on my own. Very hard sometimes but like everyone keeps saying, well worth it.

welcome to the club extravirgin

every so often, even now, a smell of a ciggie send me into heaven.

it only lasts a few seconds and then back to reality.

the pitt fall smokers fall into is IVE GIVEN UP ONCE AND CAN DO IT AGAIN.

DONT FALL FOR THE ODD CRAVING

IT DOES GET BETTER

If You Are Still Looking In Mr Lex

A Well Known Side Effect Of Giving Up Is Putting On Weight

I Now Look A Right Porker

Ime Eating With Out Even Thinking Of It

Any Sugestions

If You Are Still Looking In Mr Lex

A Well Known Side Effect Of Giving Up Is Putting On Weight

I Now Look A Right Porker

Ime Eating With Out Even Thinking Of It

Any Sugestions

Mr Saintly's wallet keeps going into hiding with the new clothes that I've had to buy because of the weight gain .......... However I did need to put some weight on but nearly 2st is a bit more than I bargained for :eek::lol:

I've been on Champix for 2 weeks now, finally gave up the fags on Sunday. I've had the weird dreams, was warned they were a side effect by the nurse at the doctors. I'd tried giving up before, tried patches etc,managed 2 weeks at new year just going cold turkey, before will power gave in and i started again. This time tho, haven't felt the urge to smoke like i did on previous attempts, tho i have been told the pills wont stop me from smoking, thats down to me and my will power, they'll be an aid to my giving up.