Tesco Direct

seanamarts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If I have put this in the wrong place I apologise,

I ordered 15 Items from Tesco Direct online amounting to £250 approx; Friday with free next day delivery, because I was just after the deadline for this next day delivery It meant that I would have to wait till Monday.. fair enough. so made arrangements to be in all day as they never specify a time. Monday , no delivery, today (Tuesday) I call them as on the tracking info it says that it hasnt left the warehouse. Was told that they would investigate and call me back. 4 hours later I get a delivery.. 10 items missing.... and the 5 items that i received all of them were either damaged or the boxes had been opened and contents damaged. It looks like they tried to pack in the box as much as possible causing the packages to be damaged.

I call the call center again, and was told that I would have to pay for the items damaged which I had already paid for before they could send out replacements thats almost £100.00 to pay out before I get the replacements they then will reimburse me the money in approximately 6 to 10 days time.. I dont have £100 spare.. It took me 3 months to save to get these gifts for Christmas. So the choice I have is to wait for them to be returned.. wait 6 to 10 days for my money to be returned then order them again, but 1. they might not be in stock 2. I have lost out on the free delivery and 3. they might not be here for Christmas.. and what about the 10 missing gifts.. and they really are missing as I have been told that they are not at the warehouse but could be in transit????

any suggestions please, there must be something I can do without having to go through all that, they have my money and I dont have the money to go and replace the gifts from any where else :-x

Guest 10110001

Ring them up, tell them you want your money back.

1. Damaged goods in the remit of Section 1(2A) of the Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994 are not considered fit for the purpose they are intended.

2. They have also failed to deliver some of the goods according to contract and you can ask for a refund under Section 11 of the The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.

I can see a catch-22, these measures might not get your money back this side of christmas. If you paid by card, ask your bank for a chargeback. If you paid by credit card and the transaction is more than £100 then Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act is your route.

If in doubt, always use a credit card. Section 75 is your best friend - and paypal's worst enemy.