I am alsmost suicidal with worry... re debt agencies..

BABYHOLLIE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I am going to do what is told but before I send the letter just need to ask a questions. Today I get my tax credits and my mum says it is today I have to pay Moorcrofts £75 and Index £100 shall I get my car taxed and insured instead as really do need this on the raod and at the momnet it is off the road in the garage.

Thanks again you are all my starts!!!! I gfeels so so much better knowing I have you lot to help me through all this.

As already advised, get your car taxed and insured before paying out any more on none priority debts..... you need the car on the road.

As for writing to request the debts be written off, you are far better going down the CCA route. I have tried to get debts written off in the past and all letters fell on deaf ears. They're simply not interested in anything you have to say, or what's going on your life. All they want is your money....

As also advised, get youself some folders for your CCA correspondence, because they will write back to you and you'll need to know where you are with each company at all times. Don' worry about them though... we'll help you through it.

:)

Oh another quick question also do I send any payments at all to my crediters while i wait for a response or not?

Timescales for CCA requests:

1. If after 12 + 2 working days they have not sent you the document you require, they are in default. It is at this point that you can legally withhold payment.

If you decide to pay while you are waiting, i would not pay what you have been paying. Do your budget sheet and only pay what you can afford eg £1.

2. If after a further 30 days (normal calendar month) the document has still not been provided they are in summary criminal default.

All this can be discussed when the time comes. You've had a lot of info thrown at you ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

I would also put at the top of your letter: I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY. ;)

It certainly does no harm to put this at the top, but would make no difference in Hollie's case. It's only relevant with debts that are approaching statute-barred status.... or when you think they might be.

Hi Babyhollie.

I'm just checking in to see how you are :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there thanks so much for asking. I have just sent the form off to the crediter to both who the company was with and also to the debt agencey.

I jhave another question I have been issed with ccj the one where I refered to where the bailiffs came and left me note to say it was pre bailiff visit. This has gone to court and today, evrn though I paid the debt collecter/bailiff £122 I have to pay them £150 or it says they will send in more bailiffs.. but worried about this as I have no money at at alla nd this year the children will be hardly getting any present.

I also would liek to add I have had a reply from the Abbey, after going to the Citens advice Bureau they told me that I could try and claim the past year since my daughter has been in hospital in and out off under a different term under the condition of finacail hardship. I gave them 8 weeks to reply and today they replied afyter 12 weeks so I am now complaining to the fiancial obbusman under terms of hardship as the Abbey replied saying I knew about the terms and the conditions when I opened the account etc..

I ahve just filled the form in and will return it recorded delivery.

My daughter has been very ill in hosptial again last week so everything been everywhere and to be honest have been getting depressed again but I am still coping which is very good as would not be on here if not. Again when they write back will let you know each crediters reply and post on here

Another question.. I ahave sent them a token payment all of them, of £1 until I get on track this is correct and this £1 is ontop of the £1 you told me to send as well for there service. I hope I have done correct. What do I do if they demand more from me.

Eversheds have replied and want and income and expenditure which I have also sent one to them for thir attention as that is where my big debt is with the Halifax for laon I took out.

Thanks so much for cheering me up you make me feel I am not the only one with debt!

Nicola x

I jhave another question I have been issed with ccj the one where I refered to where the bailiffs came and left me note to say it was pre bailiff visit. This has gone to court and today, evrn though I paid the debt collecter/bailiff £122 I have to pay them £150 or it says they will send in more bailiffs.. but worried about this as I have no money at at alla nd this year the children will be hardly getting any present.

What was the repayment amount set by the court? Have you kept up with these payments? What's the outstanding balance?

I also would liek to add I have had a reply from the Abbey, after going to the Citens advice Bureau they told me that I could try and claim the past year since my daughter has been in hospital in and out off under a different term under the condition of finacail hardship. I gave them 8 weeks to reply and today they replied afyter 12 weeks so I am now complaining to the fiancial obbusman under terms of hardship as the Abbey replied saying I knew about the terms and the conditions when I opened the account etc..

I ahve just filled the form in and will return it recorded delivery.

Glad you've sent this off - well done ;)

My daughter has been very ill in hosptial again last week so everything been everywhere and to be honest have been getting depressed again but I am still coping which is very good as would not be on here if not. Again when they write back will let you know each crediters reply and post on here

You've got a lot to deal with. We will do everything we can to help you sort out the financial stuff.

Another question.. I ahave sent them a token payment all of them, of £1 until I get on track this is correct and this £1 is ontop of the £1 you told me to send as well for there service. I hope I have done correct. What do I do if they demand more from me.

I would do your budget sheet which will show what you can and can't afford. ONLY pay them what you can afford. Don't forget nobody is entitled to your benefits. Obviously keep up with the mortgage.

Eversheds have replied and want and income and expenditure which I have also sent one to them for thir attention as that is where my big debt is with the Halifax for laon I took out.

Did you send them a CCA? Did you send one to any of the others that Priority One advised you to send them too?

Thanks so much for cheering me up you make me feel I am not the only one with debt!

You certainly aren't the only one, which is why you won't be judged and why people will do their best to support you :)

Keep going, it'll get better eventually :)

Hi Babyholly,

Just seen your thread. My heart goes out to you. All the best wishes, follow all the advice and you'll come through all this!!

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

Hello there just dropping in gain I am truly feeling good and posotive tonight but wanted to ask a quick qestion.. I do not have enoughmoney coming in on my income and expediture so what will happen there? This is no wonder I am in such mess I never really looked at like this bfores as used to earn about £400-£500 a week and did not have to worry. My food bil is high though at £100 so will ahve to try and budget but it is so hard when u have a child with an eating disorder that eats everything in site to get there bloods high hence then do not do insulin hence loses weight through gainy keytones!

What will happen here I have just offered them a token paymant and told them this all I can afford. It looks like I am going to have cut back drastic as a few £100 pouns in the red each month. I hope my daughter improves but it is going to take tike. She was in hospital last week as been bleeding alot from the back and they have done some biopsies but it her own fault and she sid this while in hospital.

Thanks guys and advice again grateful and so sorry for asking so many questions.

Don't worry about asking questions.

It's scary looking at it all on paper isn't it? :o

The bottom line is, creditors cannot have what you haven't got. If you can only afford £1 per month then that's all you give them. You can just send a cover letter to say you have had to revise your budget sheet.

I'm off to bed now, but will post again tomorrow.

Sleep well ;)

Hi Babyhollie,

So sorry to hear of your problems, looks like you've found the right place here though! Reading the answers to your questions gives me hope and help for my own financial problems. Chin up and keep on keeping on :)

Babyhollie you need to get that CCJ varied and can get the forms from your local county court. If you're on certain benefits you can get the £35 fee waived also, you just need to show the court proof such as a letter from your local job centre. That'll stop the bailliffs ;) If you need any more advice about getting it varied give me a shout :)

Babyhollie you need to get that CCJ varied and can get the forms from your local county court. If you're on certain benefits you can get the £35 fee waived also, you just need to show the court proof such as a letter from your local job centre. That'll stop the bailliffs ;) If you need any more advice about getting it varied give me a shout :)

Hi again Babyhollie :)

I'm really concerned to read about the amount you are expected to be paying for that CCJ. I'm with babybear entirely on this, I feel you need to urgently show the court proof that you simply cannot afford these high repayments.

I know it all seems very daunting as Hopeful1 has said, and the best thing to do I think is to prioritise all this and deal with the most urgent debt problems first.

The CCJ is most urgent, but I am sure the court will look sympathetically on your circumstances once they know the full story of what is going on.

Don't worry about any of the other creditors where there is no CCJ for now. If you haven't got it you can't pay it as the others have said.

I know that you have so much on right now that its hard to see the wood for the trees, and all the worry about your daughter too, bless you.

Keep strong, we are all behind you and supporting you.

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Hello there just me again. I would just like you to note that after I have donea monthly income and expenditure with reduced childcare as I have always had my son in after school care as would get 70% off working tax credits and never changed it. The only reason he was in after school club was that i did not have car big enough for him an dthe minded children. He has been there for 4 days for the past few years but if I reduced it to 2 days it would mean after I paid the ccj of £125 it would leave me £27 a month to pay my crediters and thats all. My children all ahve school dinners and they are £10 per week so that is a high cost and my eldest child has to travel to music college and it cost her £22 a week on the train.

I will get that form from the courts and fill in as if i could reduce this payment then i would have more money to pay the crediters.

Again thanks. I have two letters today but probaly have been crossed in the post one from littlewoods saying I have to pay £185 and one to next asking for £50 as the charge is late. Do I just ignore these and wait for the replies from my letters and the ccas?

Thanks in advance Nicola

Hi Nicola.

Prioritise your jobs, the 1st being the CCJ.

Budget sheet and new payments even if £1 per month - only what you can afford.

Ignore payment demands from those you have sent a CCA too.

If they have not supplied the agreement after 12 + 2 working days, it is your legal right to with hold payment. Don't be surprised if the harrassment letters keep coming. We'll deal with that when the time comes.

Hopefully this will buy you some time to sort out how to move forward.

I have targetted my smaller debts and focused on paying them off whilst i keep the bigger ones at bay due to a lack of CCA. Where possible i have started claims for charges on bank accs., credit cards and loans. I am now starting to tackle PPI. Then i will look at my bigger debts. I am happy to pay what i owe, but not to DCAs and only what i can afford.

Keep going, you're doing a good job ;)

• Haha 1

What is PP1. I have gotb the form and filled it and returned to the court to get that amount reduced. I have also sent thos other letters and all crediters 31 token payment other than the other account with ccj which I have to pay £10 per month on as happy wit that to be honest and think that is afir amount. iT is the mothercare one that.

Again thanks for helping me and I will now diarise 12 days from sending letters. I will drop on here to let you know how things are going or if I get a reply from any of them. I had Little woods on the phone demanding money todaynand said I have put a leter in the post with my finacial statement. She was ok but tried to get me ring another number who would let me refinace and that way they would get paid off!

Thanks in advance I appreciate so so so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh also how can I go about getting charges back for these accounts>>> with my bank accounts still I still go through the route of reclaiming or see what happens when it goes to court in January.

Nic x

Hi!

If you go here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

the first sticky is the Subject Access Request template to request your charges. You need to send a £10 postal order with each and as always send your letter recorded delivery.

Credit card charges can be claimed now. Bank charges won't be processed yet, but you can certainly submit your claim.

Obviously it adds up when you're paying £10 a shot! Just work your way through each account slowly.

The rest of the letters in the link guide you through the whole process.

:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/61081-ppi-some-notes-claimants.html

In case you're bored (:D ) the above is a link that tells you about Payment Protection Insurance (PPI).

So much reading and so little time!! :p

• 2 weeks later...

Updat on what has been happening...Today I had another agency ring me and they also have not received the letters from me that I sent to be signed for so today are sending them all again! I have had moorcrofts ring and get a letter this morning and it states unless I pay £70 they will send a person round to discuss payment options etc..Any advice much appreciated.Nicola x