Can anyone help - New to this site - SCOTLAND

wideload1888
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pt2537 can you advise any further on the confusion set out in note 49 & previously noted in early part of this thread ? It still not vey clear to me as to what is going on ?

Can the same DCA chase for alleged debt but with more charges applied even if they havent supplied the correct signed Credit Agreement as requested previously? Do they then keep passing this to other DCAs who in turn add costs accordingly ?

Dcas feel they can do what they like the think they are above the law and dont have to follow legislation etc.

They are obviously wrong but i have found if u mention OFT complaint to some DCAs u tend to get your way quicker.

Yes DCAs will pass accounts to and from each other and add what ever charges they feel like as that is per the contract u signed according to them even if u did not sign a contract. They claim u dont need to have signed a contract for a debt to be legal etc u should read some of the excuses i have heard they really are funnuy

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Godmother thanks for your reply - If the DCAs can keep passing the debt around legally & keep adding "charges" to the amount each time at what point can you finally get the debt sorted. Sorry but I cant get my head around it all. It seems to me that if they keep passing it around its never going to go away so how is it all resolved. This site is full of "winners" so it would seem BUT how do they win ??

pt2537 can you advise any further on the confusion set out in note 49 & previously noted in early part of this thread ?

I got another letter from HFO today in reply to the account in dispute letter that I sent. It says "please find attached the copy agreement in relation to the above account"

Guess what is another photocopy of the application form they sent to my origanal letter N request & I posted on this thread at number 21 I think !!. What can I do now ?

Godmother - Think pt2537 may be away for a few days - Can you advise on the last few notes on this thread - Getting a bit confused now. In fact can you help at all !! Always feel that time is always against me but perhaps I am being too imptient.

Basically as you will see from first note in thread this is a bit complicated.

Had debt with Barclaycard & started paying agreed amount p/m to Moorcroft in Aug 07.

Moorcroft passed debt back to Bcard Sept 07 for some reason but I kept paying p/m until Nov 07 (£200)

HFO informed me they had debt now 22 Nov at £1700

(Queried with Moorcroft & that took months to find missing cash !!)

Sent CCA request December & recieved copy of Application form April 08 then got another HFO letter saying they had been assigned the debt at £2100 now from Bcard early May 08 ? Thought they had it in Nov 07 ?

Sent HFO ammended strong letter as advised by pt2537 in earlier part of this thread & recieved same copy of application form back 2 weeks later ?

What on earth can I do now - Its getting ridiculous !!

PLEASE HELP !!

will look in on the cca in a bit son needs feeding

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

rite well here goes.

regarding the debt sorted question.

u dont need to worry about that until it comes down to getting a correct CCA.

Re charges.

Its there commission and they will try and get as much as they can out of u.

DOnt pay the charges as they have nothing.

Re winners.

We only win when a OC or DCA gives up. That is classes as a win to me.

If they write to u agreeing the debt is unenforcable aswell that is a win.

ok re your last post.

What has happened to the money u have paid moorcroft have they refunded u it?

Now the hfo thing. They first contacted u in Novemeber saying they had brought the debt then re contacted u in may to say they had just brought the debt.

Did u keep both of these letters?

Now from what i can understand they have add £300 in charges while an acc is in dispute these need are illegal. we can tackle that later tho.

Rite what i would do is write to the company headiing letter one formal complaint and make a formal complaint regarding the handling of this case.

Basically the fact they have added charges whilest acc in dispute which is against the CCA1974.

Give them 14 days to ammend the situation or u will make a compliant to the oft.

Letter 2

A dear morons letter will work.

just make sure u put I do not acknowledge any debt to your company or any company you claim to represent.

Just how i have put it.

Explain that they have npot complied with your CCA request and until they do so you are no going to acknowledge any debt to either company or pay any company any money.

Godmother your a star - Sorry to come between you and feeding junior.

Re Moorcroft - According to them they have paid the £200 back to B/Card

so the debt passed back was £1600 on 25 May 08

Belive it or not I have recieved a 3rd letter today saying HFO have been assigned this "debt" again & the costs of the debt has risen by £11 so I take they are implying that that will be a charge for the letter although it doesnt actually say that !!

I have kept all the correspondence from & have copies of all correspondence sent to this company.

Nov 07 - HFO state contract with B/card transferred to HFO

May 08 - Reported to be a letter from Barclaycard sent from HFO Office in West Byfleet on poor B/Card headed paper that states that Barclays Bank PLC have assigned the debt to HFO at £2160 now. Paperwork is clearly very poor and indiactes a double footer showing b/card head office details printed twice !!

(See note 49 in this thread)

June 08 - HFO letter states the debt has been SOLD to HFO and now stands at £2170 - This time it has a womans name & E-mail details on the letter. It claims I could save a lot of grief & aggrivation by calling them to settle this debt. It also states that HFO will use all its resourses to collect tis debt & enforce a judgement to seize any assests, income or property !!

I have requested the CCA twice now & both times they have sent me my application form.

Sorry to take up so much of your time but would you have access to any template letters that you have mentioned I should send ? Sorry but letter wrighting isnt my forte & I really want to ge this buttoned down real tight.

Once again I cant thank you enough for your assistance in this matter

Godmother - Almost forgot - Should I have sent B/Card a SAR at the start of this whole thing ? Unsure what one is actually but everyone talks about it !! Should I send them one now ? If so HOW :confused: Thanks :)

Junior is 4 now and his dinner was just comming out of the oven as he has school dinners.

A lot easier for me ATM with everything else going on.

I will say u should send BC a SAR but you do realise they cost £10 and can take months to come up with the documents.

I have acess to many letters most of which i have wrote my self and can be colourful until edited correctly.

I can write u a letter if u wish me to and i can organise a SAR as well if u wish me to.

Godmother - Sorry to bother you - Can I take you up on your offer of Kindness :o

Could you sort me out with a letter to this HFO muppets & also a letter so that I can get an SAR from BC :) ?

Can you advise what I do to send the SAR to BC as well ? I understand the £10 p/o applies.

If you get 5 mins do you think ive done the right things so far ?

Once again your a real help & its appreciated

Will get it done when i have 5 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

pt2537 - Are you available to offer some advice on latest saga - Godmother has been off line for a few days now so think she is perhaps busy at the moment. I could do with some more help if possible ? Sorry to keep pestering you.

• 2 weeks later...

Godmother - Congratulations on your new arrival. Hope you are both well - Sorry to be a pest but could you advise on this letters you mentioned in link 64 of this thread if you get 5 mins. Had another letter today - dont want to say too much in case they are watching & perhaps work out who I am !!

• 4 weeks later...

Godmother could you please help me with this matter. You have mentioned that you have some letters I could use to send to these people. I keep getting the same letters from hfo & have now started to get phone calls as ell. I have caller display so I ignore the unavailable calls, the hfo office calls, the strange mobile numbers or indeed the 02030 number which I think is an international number for croydon !!. They havent sent me any info requested but do keep increasing the alledged debt

The S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request.

PLEASE DO NOT POST TEMPLATE LETTERS- IT IS AGAINST THE RULES AND THE TEMPLATES ARE FOR MEMBERS ONLY!!!!!!

Sorry i forgot abou this. If it is a different letter u need then shout me.

Edited by pt2537
Template letter removed

Godmother MANY THANKS - I will send this right away. I take it a £10 postal order is fine ?

You mentioned in link 59 that I should send HFO a dear morons letter ? They still havent supplied the paperwork requested in Novemeber. Could you supply me a colourful template for this. I have a letter from moorcrap saying the missing £200 has been paid direct to b-card ?

Thanks again for your assistance.

£10 po is fine keep the recipt as u can claim it back ltr

I will get u a dear morons letter after feeding baby.

Godmother - Sorry its the pest again :) would you be able to post that dear "morons" letter that you have so I can send it off ? Sorry to bother you again just wanna keep ahead of these people - with your help of course :D

short or long?

kk will do its more than likly to be the short one as they have reading probs.