Poisonious Cage from Ebay killed my parrot

Princess-zelda

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I just wanted some advice, I purchased this cage at the end of July 2007, I recieved the cage in August 07. The advert never stated that the cage contained Zinc or Lead, or imported from China. Just that it was powder coated and safe for birds.

It's only since my bird died that I looked into the blood results, I took a paint sample from the cage to be tested and yes it contains a high level of zinc and lead that was the cause of death to my parrot and the cage has been banned from sale in this country since 2005.

The seller when contacted by myself was very rude and just wanted to make a quick buck at any expense even the death of an animal. I have asked for a copy of the EU certificate of conformity, the suppliers address and what action the seller is going to take with no response so far just very rude email responses from him.

Ebay have know removed these cages due to my persistance, I just want as much advice please as I am finding this a very difficult time to lose my pet this way.

Agreed - with a business seller, your options are much stronger. You've already got them removed from eBay, but it might be worthwhile contacting the Trading Standards department local to the seller, as this is firmly in their remit. For your loss, as you have all the documentation, I's think if you're being given the run-around, his responsibility extends to the replacement of your pet and fees incurred. None of this will brink it back, but if you hassle him enough, it might just prevent it happening to someone else.

i think buzby's comments are correct, and if you have the means, and want to meke a point of this then a solicitor is another way forward too ( although costly ).

This kind of thing will always be a problem as you cant actually see or examine what you are getting until it's too late.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

It wasn't a Norwegian Blue was it?

No, sorry, very tasteless of me there ...

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.