Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • I dont want to, i just wanted to relate with this person. The council just wants to rip off people
    • I paid for the furniture with a visa debit card so not sure if this is the same consumer rights as a credit card? The furniture is without a doubt unfit for purpose because of the reclining mechanism not working correctly. I suspect that I may be offered either a repair, a replacement or a credit note (that's if they accept that there are problems with the furniture). Do I have to accept a credit note or can I insist that I want a full refund?
    • Hi @Dislao As advice for everyone is different and tailored to your situation, please make your own thread and describe your issue.
    • Ok so they have given you the contract of you and packlink. your enforcing the rights of the contract between evri and packlink.... so I don't really think this contract makes a smudge of difference. unless ive missed something @BankFodder   Also on the bit that says "Evri also cite Clause 23 of the pre-exiting commercial agreement between the Defendant and Packlink,"   such agreement hasnt been provided so can't be considered. judges arent goign to consider a term that the defendant has just said exists. thats not how it works.    
    • I think Stockford Anderson are the land owners there. You could ring their London number 020 3443 8500 to confirm. if so the CEO paul Anderson and his son Aaron are about to climb Mount Everest to raise money for Dementia UK. There have been a number of fatalities on the mountain recently though the CEO of Iceland did complete the UK Dementia challenge last week. However the winds over Everest are going to increase in the next few days so anyone not on the way up at the moment are likely to be prevented from climbing.
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

    • If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
        • Like
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

      On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

      Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

      The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

      I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

      Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

      Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
        • Like
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

      The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

      Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

      One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

      Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

      We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

      It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.


      OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
        • Like
  • Recommended Topics

What To Do With Completed Court Forms

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I have completed the court form for HSBC, but im not sure what to do with the forms.

I am on benefits so wont have to pay court costs, so do i have to get another form to fill in?? Or just send copies of evidence of benefits??



Link to post
Share on other sites

I have completed the court form for HSBC, but im not sure what to do with the forms.

I am on benefits so wont have to pay court costs, so do i have to get another form to fill in?? Or just send copies of evidence of benefits??



You must complete EX160. See here:




Then send 3 copies N1 +3 Schedule of charges + Ex160 to your local court.


If you can it would be better to take them in person since the court staff will check them over for you and you will then know that they have been accepted

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have completed the court form for HSBC, but im not sure what to do with the forms.

I am on benefits so wont have to pay court costs, so do i have to get another form to fill in?? Or just send copies of evidence of benefits??



All the evidence has to be up to date. You need to ask the benefits people for up to date letters (which I did) but the court returned all the papers and asked for the up to date bank statements of the accounts the benefits were paid into.


We had to pay for the current statements from the Halifax (£5 for mine and £5 for my OH) and they took almost a week to arrive. This has meant a delay of about 3 weeks from when I first handed in my N1 to when I got all the paperwork for the fee exemption form (EX160).


The court staff member wasn't too helpful when I first handed the stuff in (8 November) - she was struggling to understand that benefits are paid 52 weeks a year and kept insisting my figures were incorrect based on her calculation of weekly benefit x 4 x 12.


Handed the whole lot in again last Thursday and someone checked it over and said it was okay so we'll see.


If I'd have known the amount of hassle I would get I would have struggled and paid the $85 and claimed it back from Capital One.


Good luck with your claim, I'm sure not everyone will experience the problems I had.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...