PPI and the limitations act

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Are mis sold PPIs held to the 6 year limit?

Is it 6 years from taking out the loan or six years to the loan being closed?

Thanks

Blackhorse and CitiFinancial are being chased at the moment.

Hello DM,

The time starts from when you discover the truth.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi Debt Mountain

I'm too in a similar position and about to quote the limitations act in my LBA letter. Do you have a template or a sample letter which contains this quote? I'd really appreciate having a look you can pm if you like.

The first thing i got back from the the car dealership was you signed it, it's over 6 years and OFT won't be interested!!! :-x Now how's that for a fob off letter! I'm ok with that because they have given me the strength to fight all the way

Thanks

DIY13

I will not be mentioning the limitations act unless they state something in their defence about it being limited, I might make a comment to it in my N1 court form but not sure yet.

From what you say they are saying the OFT will not look at it, they are not saying it is statute barred.

DM

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

It just means that the time limit is 6 years.

Except where either by way of a mistake or through leading the other party someone has tried to hide some important information.

I would be using this as I only found out recently that the policy was mis sold and not sold to me after they explained what it would and would not cover.

My wife is and has been self employed since 1989 and each of the policies sold would not cover the self employed.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

As a back up, I would consider section 14A as well - that gives you three years after you had enough knowledge to commence a court action (with a 15 year backstop), and as a consequence the requirements are less stringent than proving section 32.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.