• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

dave e v lloyds tsb ***SETTLED IN FULL***

dave e
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, I have been looking at this site for a couple of weeks, viewing other members and making myself familiar with how to get my charges back.

today 28/06/06 i sent my D.P.A request to lloyds.

LET THE BATTLE COMMENCE.

DAVE E V LLOYDS

Welcome to the club Dave, and good luck with your claim :)

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Hi Dave,

I have today (28/06/06) just done exactly the same. I added you to my "buddy" list. maybe we can keep each other updated on developments etc.

Regards,

Gallen.

• 2 weeks later...

hi folks,

got my safty account opened today with nat west step account, it was so easy doing it online.

still waiting for my bank statments from lloyds

DAVE E V LLOYDS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome,

just be warned that Lloyds are slow and will stall when ever they can, so don't expect anything to happen overnight with them!

Best of luck to you both.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

hi ,

got my copy statements on sat 30/07/06 worked out my charges to £2500 can anyone tell me do i count the o/draft intrest charges as part of my claim.

cheers.

dave.

DAVE E V LLOYDS

There are 2 instances of interest you can claim:

1.When you go overdrawn the bank will charge you interest, perfectly lawfully.

However, if part of your overdraft is made up of penalty fees, they are also charging you interest on these too and it is this interest which you are entitled to claim back, but it's tricky to separate out from the total interest figure.

Vampiress has a spreadsheet, (the 2nd one), in the bank templates library, which attempts to calculate this

It's quite complex and unless your claim is large often doesn't amount to that much, so for simplicity's sake, some people don't bother

This is the interest referred to in the preliminary and LBA letters.

2. 8% interest on your claim, but only when you submit a claim at court. Don't

add this interest before.moneyclaim

hi michael,

thanks for that, as you say the intrest does not amount to that much so i will send my letter for just the charges and no intrest.

cheers.

Dave

DAVE E V LLOYDS

Please can someone advise me if the correct first stage is to send the the subject access request letter (template) to where?? for bank accounts and credit cards at Lloyds TSB. Should I send the same letter without amendments as it refers to ....charges relating to my banking history...." is this okay. Sorry to be so dumb but just wanted to check so that I can get it right. I'm a bit scared to be honest but am determined with some support from you guys. Have read lots of forum posts but still am confused whether or not to treat bank account and credit card account claims using the same procedure and letters from the templates. Please can someone advise me. Thanks

Laura Ashley - Prelim Letter Settled in Full £100

Tesco (RBS) - LBA - offered £64 - still owe me £136.19 - second LBA letter sent 12 Nov 2006

Mint (RBS) - LBA - offered £54.23 - still owe me £70 second LBA letter sent 14 Nov 2006

LLoyds Gold - Moneyclaimol 12 Nov 2006

LLoyds Plat - Moneyclaimol 12 Nov 2006

Lloyds Classic - LBA letter sent 12 Nov 2006 for £2,593

Lloyds Classic - LBA letter sent 12 Nov 2006 for £508.65

MBNA (2 accounts) - Two goodwill payments received so far totalling approx £700 - just going in for the final kill!

Christina: Data protection act. Look here for Bank payout so far.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/surveyresults.php

Bunnikins: 1 DPA + 1 £10 fee for both a/c Mention both a/c no

From now on you both need to start new threads in LLoyds forum and post your progress and questions there

hi,

received a reply today 05/08/06 from Andrew Palmer the letter went as follows.

I am just writing to let you know that we've received your complaint and to say how sorry i am to learn that you're unhappy with us.

you have my assurance that one of our assistant managers will investigate the concerns you have raised with us this may take a little time but i would expect our enquiries to be complete within the two weeks. We will then be able to respond in full to your complaint and at that stage, i hope, resolve matters between us.

In case you haven;t received a copy of our leaflet called ' how to voice your concerns' i've enclosed one with my letter. This tells you all you need to know about resolving your complaint with us.

they can resolve it by giving me my money back, i take this is a standard letter

from Andrew Palmer customer service advisor.

cheers,

dave e

DAVE E V LLOYDS

It is the very same letter I received word for word

The only difference would be the Name. address and account number

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Advice & opinions of Sophie-Jane are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

standard reply , just stick to the time limits you gave them and then start the next step

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

hi everyone ive just posted my dpa request for my charges to llyods tsb

Ker can you start your own thread please , that way you can keep us up to date on your claim and in the future if you have any questions it will be much easier if we can see where you are up to at a glance , thanks mjanet

:o:p ker7085

963.00 pre lim sent 28/08/06 sod off sent back 04/9/06

lba sending 9/09/06

mcol to be filed 23/09/06:-x

• 2 weeks later...

its 14 days after sending my prelim letter, lba letter set to go on the 16/08/06 after saying they would look into the complaint i have had no responce from lloyds.not even saying no your not getting your money back

DAVE E V LLOYDS

I would wait the 14 days. If your case goes in front of a judge you will need to demonstrate that you provided Lloyds with reasonable time to settle this before court action.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

im about to start my money claim, can anyone tell me when i fill in the online form, i want to claim the 8% back do i include this in the full amount of the claim or is it added by the court after the form is submitted.

any help please.

Dave E

DAVE E V LLOYDS

Include it in your claim. As in the example POC below:

Claimant has account (A/C No) with Defendant from (Date a/c opened)conducted on their standard terms and conditions. Claimant is claiming the return of (£0.00 = amount of charges claimed) taken by Defendant in charges over (X) years. The Defendant's charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. They are also invalid under the Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.Para.8 and sch.2.1.e.

In the event that the charges are not a penalty they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. Defendant has declined justification of charges despite repeated requests. Claimant claims interest under Sec.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% a year from(Date of 1st charge) to (Date of filing claim) of (£0.00 =The interest in the 8% spreadsheet calculation) and also interest at same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of (£0.00p = Amount of charges claimed x 0.00022).

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

yesterday i filled my money claim on line claim no 6QZ64511, looking on the claim it says the defendant has 14 days to respond is this true as i thought they had 28 days, can anyone clarify.

cheers,

dave e

DAVE E V LLOYDS

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

today i received from northampton court a acknoledgment of service has been filed against my claim, lloys have another 14 days to enter a defence after that

does anyone know how much i will have to pay when i have to return my allocation questionare.

DAVE E V LLOYDS