Stealth fees row

Tawnyowl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just read this morning - tell me its not true.

Banks are hammering millions of customers with a new wave of overdraft fees- just weeks before a High Court ruling on the legality of rip -off charges.Lloyds TSB- ABBEY and Leiceter have cut their monthly penalty fees but brought in daily charges ranging from 6- 20 pounds.Aminority of customers could pay more than 200 pounds a month.

It is against the conditions of the waiver for banks to change their charging structure whilst the test case is going on.

However, Lloyds have done it regardless and, as expected, niether the FSA or the OFT have done anything about it so its no surprise really that the other banks will now follow suit.

This charging structure even gets around the "bank charges charter". Even if that petition had been successful (and thank god it wasn't), it proposed £5 as being a "fair maximum".

Well ok thought Lloyds, we could just charge you £5, we'll just make that charge every day.

Thats a good point about the £5. I bet you're right about Lloyds thinking they could juts set the fee at a fiver but make it daily instead of per incident.

It saddens me that they take their customers for utter fools.

A £35 pound bank charge is not a charge for a service. Its theft.

What shocks me is that they are allowed to do this at all, when the OFT and FSA stand by and do nothing, and yes they take us for utter fools you are right, what more can anyone do, we are not being heard, as usual a conspiracy against the consumer.

How right you are Gez! The OFT, FSA, and, it seems now, the Courts, are only there to protect the bank's best interests. The interests of the consumer matter little or nothing to them - we are not, after all, one of the corner stones of 'The Establishment'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam.

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

Is there a link to a news article?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Have just read it -Caring sharing CO-OP what a joke.Think this story is going to create some comment they seem to be thinking of more and more ways to rip people off.Maybe they have all got their money in Sub Prime Market AND ARE ALL SAT ROUND TABLE thinking of ways to take money of the great british man and women.We surely can only take so much.SIGN ME UP FOR ANY PROTEST OUTSIDE THEIR BANK believe it used to be based in Manchester- their head office that is.Unless Tesco have taken it over.

How right you are Gez! The OFT, FSA, and, it seems now, the Courts, are only there to protect the bank's best interests. The interests of the consumer matter little or nothing to them - we are not, after all, one of the corner stones of 'The Establishment'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam.

ADD to that the goverment, who will no way allow ANYONE to take away the lovely revenue they get from the banks! from us!

"Under the waiver guidelines, banks were asked in July not to raise their overdraft rates or make 'materially adverse changes' to accounts. "

Is there ANY way in which such fundamental changes, as frequency of charges, can be challenged?

Just heard from a relative of mine.

Banks with LlOYDS- Has a overdraft approx 1000.Gone 100 pound over this- charging 20.00 a day. She says they can make 10 charges a month.

Cant think of anything else to say about this without using choice words that are not in dictionary.

As Gez said -It is against the conditions of the waiver for banks to change their charging structure while the test case is going on.However Lloyds have done it regardless.

Neither the OFTor FSA have done anything about it.Anybody know why not- or have they- or are they.