Initiating a chargeback to my credit card company

leebo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, would anyone be able to help me out??

I booked a holiday via Lastminute.com and paid for it by credit card. It is very unfortunate that I am having to cancel it. I have contacted Lasminute.com regarding their cancellation policy and, surprisingly, they can refund the hotel and airport tax but not the flight as it is a 'non-refundable, non-changable' flight.

I was wondering if I cancelled the holiday with Lastminute.com and got a refund back to my credit card would I then be able to initiate a chargeback via my credit card company for the remainder of the holiday. I paid around £1200 for the holiday and stand to receive a refund from Lastminute.com for about £400 meaning I would loose around around £800 which I am not too happy about!!

Many thanks.

Thanks for the reply,

I had to cancel due to the passenger I was travelling with unable to go on medical grounds. I would have been willing to change the name of the second passenger (as I'm main passenger) but they were unwilling to allow that.

Guest 10110001

Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act is consumer protection legislation and can be used when the merchant (lastminute.com) fails to fulfil their side of a contract.

Complete a chargeback form and return it to your bank. You might have to struggle getting a chargeback in your case. You can play on the merchant being inflexible and refusing you a change of name. Thats something an airline can do for free, and your seat would be resold in any event if you fail to show for your flight.

Did you take out travel insurance?