Re: they built me up and then brought me down!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello one and all

All of my problems stem from the Halfax bank. I couldn't get a switch card or an overdraft when I joined them. 24 months later I was £45,000 in debt (all with them) without a hope of being able to pay it back. They have just succeeded in having a £19,000 charging order placed on my house, forcing me to sell before they apply for enforcement, :( and I can't think of a way out. With all the knock on debt they've caused I don't even have enough left for food. I'm sick as a chip, but determined to try and turn things around. Any pointers you have will be very, very appreciated...

I had two current accounts on with a £1500 overdraft limit, one with £500. A £17500 personal loan, a gold visa with a £14,500 limit and a gold mastercard with an £11,00 limit. I was only earning £21,00 a year at the time. I didn't really realise it building up as they raised th ecredit limit on my cards by about a thousand pounds every other rmonth without me asking. It all went pete tong when I got made redundant. I had protection on my cards but as my employers (orange) refused to send back the completed documentation it wouldn't pay out. I buried my head in the sand like an idiot hoping it would all go away, and six years later its all come back en-mass to haunt me

Yes i've spoken to them, normally when the debt had been passed from one agency to another. The six years is from the start of the problems, not the last contact. I had a another charge granted for egg banking a while back and since then it seems like the floodgates have opened (they must be able to smell blood). The problem is that they debts, or the companies chasing the debts have changed hands so many times I haven't got a clue who I owe what to any more. I could literally be paying out to anyone who fancies a few quid and has a letterhead