• Tweets

• Doc 04-19-2024 11-01-51-merged-compressed.pdf good morning.    9 pages attached.    thank you  UCM
    • Hi I was being supplied my ovo after unknowingly being swapped from SSE.  My issues began when we had a smart meter fitted and our bills almost doubled overnight - we at the time assumed we were just paying not enough until then and just continued to pay the excess bills each. Month.    I would from time to time contact ovo and get faced with a call centre on South Africa of the most rude agents who would just hang up after hours of wait and I could not even get an acknowledgement of an issue with my meter.  At one point we were not in the property for like 4 months and the bills were coming just as high!  It was at this point I was sure something is not right and ovo only care to send bailiffs and started threatening us with a pay as you go meter despite me taking out a 3.5k loan to pay of my outstanding balance.  Around 1600 each on both gas and electricity.  This is where its gets really bad -  the very same day they sent me out a new bill saying the money paid already was only to cover up until the November previous and because its now Feb we owe another 1k.   By that August this had risen to over 3k and I still couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge a fault let alone fix it.    In despair I tried to swap suppliers and to my surprise octopus accepted us because even tho the debt is owed we are trying deal with.  During our time with them the bill was coming only on my wife's name as I was responsible for other bills and she this one - now that we owe them 3k they have magically started adding my name as well as my wife's to the same debt to apply double pressure and its showing on my experiwn report now with a question mark and 2700 showing in grey -  This was my wife's debt which we dispute we owe yet the have now sent me letter with both our names on from oriel and past due credit debt agencies - is this illegal and how can I get them to take my. Name of this and leave on wife's name as its so unfair they give us a both a defualt for wife's debt which we dispute anyway.    In the end about 3 weeks ago I wrote an email to their ceo and rishi sunak and low and behold for the first time in our history with ovo someone who spoke English contacted us and said she will look into our claim.    I explained to her that we feel our meter is faulty and despite me contacting them using WhatsApp email and phone I still have not got anyone to acknowledge a fault even. And that I dispute I Owe anything as my son was in hospital for 3 months and we stayed with him so house was empty and still. They were sending us super sized bills more than when we started at home.  She promised to investigate and a few days later replied that she is sorry for the poor customer service and offered us £50 compensation - however she also. Mentioned that she's attached statements for us confirming the payment for 3k I made was only up until Nov and in Feb despite me pay 3.5k nearly it's correct for them to bill. Me. Another £900 the very same day and she did not agree our meter was faulty and therfore the debt stands and she will not be calling it bcak from past due credit.  During my time with my new supplier post ovo, octopus I requested tehy check my. Meters because I felt they were faulty and over charging me and I got excellent response asking me for further details which I supplied and I got a. Response bcak within days to say my meter was indeed faulty and octopus have now remotely repaired it.   I then contacted the energy ombudsman and explained my situation how she at ovo tried to fob me off and demand I apy money we don't feel we owe due to faulty equipment we reported but ovo had to process or mechanism to deal with it or lodge complaint even without having to cc their ceo and our pm. And now I feel sick to think both husband and wife will get a 6  year default for debt which have a validity of a questionable nature.    I explained all this to the energy ombudsman and they accepted my case and I explained to them that my new supplier found my fault which ovo refueed to accept - I've uploaded the email from new supplier to ombudsman showing we had a fault.    My. Question is is there anything I can upload in defence of my case to ombudsman before they decide outcome ina few weeks    All advice greatly appreciated not only would I like advice on how to clear this debt but also how I can pursue ovo for compensation and deterrence for the future.  Thansk 
    • Thanks for the reply dubai 50 - if the statute is 10 years it has long passed - if it is 15 years i havea few months left. i shall ignore until it gets serious  An update - - I sent the letter to the bank in Dubai ( I did get delivery confirmation from Royal Mail)   - I have moved to a new address ( this is the address i gave to the bank in dubai)  - IDR are continuing to send Letters to the old address, which leads me to believe they are not in contact with the bank at all. - i have not replied to any correspondence digital or hard as they are non threatening ( as of yet).        
    • Your topic title was altered last June 23 by the owner of this forum in the interests of the forum Anyway well done on your result and thank you for concluding your topic, title updated.   Andy   .
    • So what    Why ? Consent Order/ Confidentiality ? This would be be invaluable to followers of your topic.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help please, im stuck !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have read dpa as many times as i can without going doolally !

Question is where do CRA's obtain the right to record Bankruptcies, IVA's and CCJ's ?

As far as i can see i've never signed any t&c's which allow them to process my information that is in the public domain ? and i certainly never signed an agreement with them ?

It may have been said before, so apologies and a signpost to thread would be appreciated thanks

vselym

Regards

vselym

"Every day, and in every way, i'm getting better and better" - Chief Inspector Dreyfus

there is a clause in the agreements you signed that allows agencies to exchange/inform the cra's about your credit activities.

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx100uk

do you mean they can share data with anyone else signed upto the cra ? ie another financial institution

And the agencies you refer to being the Insolvency Service for example ?

I'm only asking for some clarification, as the Insolvency Service stipulate that they do NOT inform cra's of court orders.

I understand the argument that my signing tandc's with say a bank allows them to contact the cra's and that allows the cra to process my data, but as has been discussed here many times, no agreement = no right to process. I dont have any agreement with a court, nor they with a cra so where is this authority ? The piggybacking authority cra's rely on surely doesn't exist with a court order, eg bankruptcy

is this logical or not ?

sorry to ramble

vselym

Regards

vselym

"Every day, and in every way, i'm getting better and better" - Chief Inspector Dreyfus

This is probably bad news, in that case;

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/credit_%20agreements%20-%20data_%20sharing.pdf

Remember though, that the ICO only offers an opinion on the application of the Data Protection Act. I, personally, (along with many others on this forum more qualified to have an opinion on this than I am) disagree with the ICO's stance.

BTW - I know this refers to Credit Agreements, which isn't your issue, but I would bet my house (well, it does belong to my Mortgage Company anyway!) on the ICO applying the same thinking to other areas...

This is definately something that can be challenged, as there is no LEGAL basis for his opinion. I do, however, think that a "policy decision" would be taken to allow the CRA's to process data, if it was ever challenged, as how would the financial market work if they needed your written consent?

As you're questioning INCORRECT data, not whether they have consent, you should be ok though.

i think i've read that before, who pays the ICO's wages one asks ? I'm not gonna rant now 'cos time is short !

Here's a draft of my letter to Experian, if any one has pointers/advice, would be much appreciated

Experian Ltd

PO Box 8000

Nottingham

NG80 7WF

26th November 2007

Our Ref :

FAO Data Controller

Letter 3

Dear Sir/Madam

NOTICE PURSUANT TO S.10&S.12 DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

As a data controller I would draw your attention to the following

Data Protection Act 1998 Schedule 1 Part 1 The Principles

4 Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.

Having reviewed my credit report file held with yourselves, reference XXXXXXX, under the heading “Public Records”, entry “J1” reads as follows

Name and address: MINE

Information type: Bankruptcy Order

Date: 01/05/2002

Satisfaction date: 04/2005

Source: London Gazette

Note: When your bankruptcy has been annulled or discharged we will be

informed by the Insolvency Service.

You state that your “source” is the London Gazette, which despite numerous attempts by myself to locate this record, has failed. I therefore require that you substantiate this claim.

Your “note” informs me that the Insolvency Service will notify you of an annulment, please take note that the Insolvency Service expressly states that they do not contact credit reference agencies with details of annulments.

I enclose with this letter a photocopy of my annulment.

It is my contention that your continued processing of this data is contrary to rights afforded me under the Data Protection Act 1998 S.10, and S.12

My requirements for resolution are that within 7 days of the date this letter is deemed served, that this record is removed from your credit file. Take note that a mere note of correction will not suffice. I am fully aware that you are entitled to 21 days but feel that the inaccuracies in your file as highlighted above, and in the light of the overwhelming evidence in front of you, i.e. my annulment, that no further investigation on your part is necessary.

I hope that this letter clarifies my position on this matter, and would ask you to bear in mind if I do not find your response agreeable, then I will have no alternative but to escalate my complaint, possibly to litigation

I think i've covered all i need to

regards

vselym

Regards

vselym

Looks good, but I think you need to pad it out a little more by using the letter to explain why you want this removed, then including a Notice as an enclosure outlining your requirements, referring to your letter for the reasons then outlining the damage caused.

For an example, look at the Surleybonds template, here;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/24013-defaults-proposed-method-removal.html

The rest looks fine, but I don't think you'll get a reply within 7 days...

Have read Data Protection Act as many times as i can without going doolally !

Question is where do CRA's obtain the right to record Bankruptcies, IVA's and CCJ's ?

As far as i can see i've never signed any t&c's which allow them to process my information that is in the public domain ? and i certainly never signed an agreement with them ?

It may have been said before, so apologies and a signpost to thread would be appreciated thanks

vselym

OK. The data Protection act is available Results within legislation - Statute Law Database

s4 specifies how data is to be used according to the principals

The data protection principles.

— (1) References in this Act to the data protection principles are to the principles set out in Part I of Schedule 1.

(2) Those principles are to be interpreted in accordance with Part II of Schedule 1.

(3) Schedule 2 (which applies to all personal data) and Schedule 3 (which applies only to sensitive personal data) set out conditions applying for the purposes of the first principle; and Schedule 4 sets out cases in which the eighth principle does not apply.

(4) Subject to section 27(1), it shall be the duty of a data controller to comply with the data protection principles in relation to all personal data with respect to which he is the data controller.

So we go to the Data protection principals which are in part I schedule 1

The principles

Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless—
(a)

at least one of the conditions in Schedule 2 is met, and

(b)

in the case of sensitive personal data, at least one of the conditions in Schedule 3 is also met.

3. Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.

5. Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.

7. Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.

So we go to the conditions in schedule 2:

1. The data subject has given his consent to the processing.

3. The processing is necessary for compliance with any legal obligation to which the data controller is subject, other than an obligation imposed by contract.

5. The processing is necessary—

(a)

for the administration of justice,

[

F2
Secretary of State] may by order specify particular circumstances in which this condition is, or is not, to be taken to be satisfied.

processing can be carried out if ANY of these requirements are met. So, lets remove principals that are obviously not relevant. 1 and 2 are not relevant. 3 is not relevant. 4 is not relevant. Neither is 5.

Since a Credit reference agency records data, and makes this data available to people who are maintaining or considering prospective contracts, 6 is very relevant. All the court cases i've seen so far, although there haven't been many, the court has found that the CRA is able to process data under paragraph 6(1)

Hope this helps.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Thanks car2403

was gonna pad it slightly..........honest injun !:roll:

Forgot to mention aswell that part of the annulment is to "dismiss" the original bankruptcy petition. Surely if a judge has done this once there is no reason they wouldn't take the same approach if i ended up in court over this ? The bankruptcy effectively never happened ! Another point is having searched the IS (Insolvency Service) website, the term "satisfied" doesn't appear anywhere, you just don't satisfy a bankruptcy, you're either annulled or discharged

thanks for input

regards

vselym

Regards

vselym

Hi tomterm8,

thanks for reply

6. — (1) The processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the data controller or by the third party or parties to whom the data are disclosed, except where the processing is unwarranted in any particular case by reason of prejudice to the rights and freedoms or legitimate interests of the data subject.

ok, i agree that this is the only part they can rely on, but is it not the case that signing tandc's is a tri-agreement ? Me, the institution who's tandc's i sign and the cra piggybacking ? Most tandc's go out of their way to point out they will only pass your info within their group, eg Lloyds don't want to tell Barclays what a good customer you are. The cra may have an agreement/business relationship with Barclays, but my permission is with Lloyds is it not ?

Regards

vselym

Regards

vselym

You don't need someones consent to record information under 6(1).

You don't even need a commercial relationship between the data subject and data controller.

they merely need a legitimate reason to process the data.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

2nd draft of letter to Experian

any thoughts gratefully received

Experian Ltd

PO Box 8000

Nottingham

NG80 7WF

26th November 2007

Our Ref :

FAO Data Controller

Letter 3

Dear Sir/Madam

Upon conducting an audit of my personal financial affairs, I was dismayed to find on my Experian credit file, reference number XXXXXXXX, under entry J1, a reference to a “satisfied” bankruptcy, which I can only assume refers to my “annulled bankruptcy”.

As a data controller you are obliged to adhere to the Data Protection Act 1998, and I would draw your attention to the following,

SCHEDULE 1 The data protection principles

Part I The principles

1 Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless—

(a) at least one of the conditions in Schedule 2 is met, and

(b) in the case of sensitive personal data, at least one of the conditions in Schedule 3 is also met.

2 Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.

3 Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.

4 Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.

5 Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.

6 Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.

7 Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.

8 Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data

My particular concern is the duties by which you are bound regarding part 4 of Schedule I

“4 Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.

I have enclosed in this letter a copy of my “Order of Annulment Under Section 282 of the Insolvency Act 1986”

You will no doubt see that your file “J1” is neither “accurate” nor “up to date”. There is no such term as “satisfied” applied to bankruptcy orders. However, “an annulment has the effect in law that the bankruptcy order was never made. You will revert to your pre-bankruptcy status.” Interestingly you claim that your “source” of the “satisfied” data is the London Gazette. As I the annulled bankrupt did not require advertisement of the order, I would like you to disclose which publication you were referring to. If you were referring to the Insolvency Service’s Individual Insolvency Register, I would be very surprised because, “if a bankruptcy order is annulled it will be removed from the register immediately.” It was, I checked. With reference to your claim that the Insolvency Service would update you, Experian, if and when my bankruptcy was annulled or discharged, it is with deep regret that I must inform you that the Insolvency Service says of this, “Credit Reference Agencies – the official receiver does not send any form of notice to credit reference agencies.” For clarification or further reading, the Insolvency Service can be contacted on 0845 602 9848, or on-line at www.insolvency.gov.uk

Section 10 of the Data Protection Act awards the authority, regarding privacy of data, to the data subject, not the Data Controller. The Act is also very clear as to the rights of the data subject in respect of withdrawing permission to continue data processing and disclosure:

10. - (1) Subject to subsection (2), an individual is entitled at any time by notice in writing to a data controller to require the data controller at the end of such period as is reasonable in the circumstances to cease, or not to begin, processing, or processing for a specified purpose or in a specified manner, any personal data in respect of which he is the data subject, on the ground that, for specified reasons-

(a) the processing of those data or their processing for that purpose or in that manner is causing or is likely to cause substantial damage or substantial distress to him or to another, and

(b) that damage or distress is or would be unwarranted.

However, there are some exclusion provisions for Data Controllers, and Section 10 does continue with various exceptions to subsection (1) above, and these are quoted, in full, below:

10. - (2) Subsection (1) does not apply-

(a)in a case where any of the conditions in paragraphs 1 to 4 of Schedule 2 is met,

or

(b)in such other cases as may be prescribed by the Secretary of State by order.

To paragraph (b), I can only presume that Experian has not applied to HM Secretary of State for an order allowing you an exclusion, which leaves you with the only remaining possibility of requesting an exemption under paragraph (a).

I have notated the following points so as to clarify my position with you, Experian

1. The data subject has given his consent to the processing.

I have never consented to your processing of this data

2. The processing is necessary-

(a) for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, or

(b) for the taking of steps at the request of the data subject with a view to entering into a contract.

For (a), there is no contract being performed, and for (b), nor do I intend entering into any contract with you

3. The processing is necessary for compliance with any legal obligation to which the data controller is subject, other than an obligation imposed by contract.

According to the Information Commissioners Office (I.C.O.), exemption 3 includes all other statutory obligations for which the interests of national security and welfare override personal privacy.

These obligations allow for the provision of data to Official agencies and organisations, e.g. disclosure to crime prevention agencies (Police, Intelligence Services, etc), official Government agencies (DVLA, DSS, Passport Agency, etc.) and health authorities, etc., and for any other purpose not agreed within a civil contract.

Experian are not listed in the appropriate Data Protection Act Schedule that names the specific organisations that are permitted any such exemption rights.

4. The processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject.”

With reference to the I.C.O. again, this is interpreted as anything that affects the data subject as a matter of life and death. This clause is included in the Data Protection Act to permit data, like medical records or contact details, being disclosed in emergency situations. I do not believe that my annulment could be described as anything like a matter of life or death.

So, it is clear to see that there is neither statutory provision nor exemption under 10.2 permitting Experian to continue processing this data.

As such, and as per the statutory notice enclosed, I require you to amend my file by removing any reference to my bankruptcy, please note a mere note of correction will not suffice. I am fully aware that by statute you are allowed 21 days to comply or reply stating your reasons for non-compliance.

I trust that I have made my position clear, and hope that this matter will come to a speedy conclusion. Please be aware that should you fail to comply with your statutory obligations under this notice, I will not hesitate to escalate this matter further.

Yours faithfully

Name

Enc.

Statutory Notice pursuant to Section 10

of The Data Protection Act 1998.

Data Subject Notice

To: The Data Controller

Experian Ltd

Talbot House

Talbot Street

Nottingham

NG80 1TH

Data Subject: Me

Address: Me’s house

Take notice that I require that you cease from processing within twenty one days of the receipt by you of this Notice, or else that you do not begin to process any personal data of which I am the subject insofar as that processing involves the communication or passing of personal data of which I am the subject to any third party and insofar as the said data relates wholly or in part to the Annulled Bankruptcy XX of XXXX in the XXXXXX County Court

This Notice is given on the grounds that the processing or continued processing by you of the said data will be likely to affect my credit rating and my reputation and cause substantial damage and/or substantial distress to me and my family members in addition to that which has been caused to date. And that as the processing of the said data in the way referred to in this Notice would violate both the Principles and Data Subject’s rights of The Data Protection Act 1998, to do so would be both unwarranted and unlawful.

Signed

Dated

Regards

vselym

Regards

vselym

Much better vselym. I think this will kick off the dispute process nicely and they don't seem to have a leg to stand on if they can't justify continued processing, given what you've said, and can't find anyone to "dispute" the data with. (the CRA's are third parties)

I still don't think this will be easy, but you/they may prove me wrong...

Good luck - keep us informed.

The London Gazette is a specialised paper that includes bank branches in its

circulation so that each branch can check to see if any of its customers have

filed for bankruptcy etc.

I am surprised that its existence could not be found as it is easily located

by using the search engines and there are three websites for it.

One of the topics they report on are personal bankruptcies. It would be only

fair therefore that as they would have declared your bankruptcy at the time,

that they published the annulment to allow those who kept a record of your

bankruptcy to amend their data.

I can understand that you are upset that a bankruptcy in your name has been

broadcast. But part of the way to make amends, is to broadcast the fact

that the bankruptcy has been annulled, in the same way as newspapers

print apologies in their papers when they get stories wrong. There may be

companies who have you registered as being bankrupt and it is only articles

in the London Gazette and corrective data by the CRAS that can lead to

those companies amending their records.

I admit that Experian could have made the situation clearer with a better choice of wording. However, it may be necessary that the amendment to your

credit file remains in place for a time to allow some companies who have not yet brought their records up to date.

Had you been declared bankrupt, then legally both the London Gazette and the CRAs can report that fact for six years-and they do not need your permission. It would perhaps be inequitable then that they

did not record that the bankruptcy was an error and to set the record straight.

You don't say if you have already attempted to get the CRAs to amend your

file, but I would have thought that rather than simply removing the data, it

may be better to word the information in such a way as to indicate that you

are, and always were, financially sound and had never gone bankrupt. At least in the short term perhaps as proof that you are solvent.

Hi lookinforinfo

thanks for replying

I think i've confused you with the London Gazette part of the letter. I can find their search engines without problem. The issue is that Experian claim that was their source for their data records regarding my annulled bankruptcy. The Insolvency Service do not advertise annulments, that is down to the individual, ie me. I didn't choose to advertise mu annulment, and as such no record exists with the Gazette ! So Experian for want of a better expression, are telling porky pies ! The other part of an annulment, is to "dismiss" the original bankruptcy order, and return the individual to "pre bankrupt status"

The 4th principle of the DPA '98 explains a data controllers duty to keep any data correct and up to date ! Not my fault if they can't keep up, remove it or go to court, simple as !

regards

vselym

Regards

vselym

If you look at the Personal Insolvency section of the Gazette, you will find

a subsection called "Orders Annulling, Revoking or Rescinding Orders" which

is where probably the CRA got their info.

If the CRA was still showing that you you were declared bankrupt then they

could be accused of failing to keep accurate or up to date records. As it stands, they appear to be up to date, though you could certainly question the accuracy of their interpretation of the annulment.

It is enshrined in Law that Court Orders are processed for six years and so

it may be difficult to get the CRA to remove this entry from your file. Going

to Court would be a waste of your time and money. So though it may go

against the grain, it may be better to approach the CRA in a more conciliatory manner and perhaps explain the embarrassment the entry causes

means that you would like it removed sooner rather than later. It is

obviously better than having a bankruptcy order listed on your file, but I

appreciate that potential lenders may feel on seeing it [even if the terminology is amended] that there is no smoke without fire and either refuse

your request, or impose harsher terms.

Had you been declared bankrupt, then legally both the London Gazette and the CRAs can report that fact for six years-and they do not need your permission.

It is enshrined in Law that Court Orders are processed for six years and so it may be difficult to get the CRA to remove this entry from your file. Going

to Court would be a waste of your time and money.

Is there legal authority for this, lookinforinfo?

Court Orders remain on your file for a period of 6 years [sorry I am at work at the moment so cannot lay my hands on the relevant Law] and it is from there

that the finance industry and CRAs decided upon 6 years for their missed payments etc which have no legal authority.

Reading the first quote above again Car2403, I realise that it is not quite

phrased correctly. The London Gazette records the data as it happens, but doesn't continue to process the data each edition for 6 years, though it will

show up in their archives.

The CRAs can report bankruptcies CCJs and any other Orders under Seal for 6 years.

Hi

I agree that the cra's can process bankruptcies, but not once annulled. An annullment is in effect a reversal of time, it means that the bankruptcy never was. If asked on an application form, "have you ever been declared bankrupt ?", i can legally answer "NO"

It is completely different to a discharge.

I have had many discussions with the IS about this, as I wanted to be sure before I took the cra's on

regards

vselym

Regards

vselym

Where the Courts have handed down sealed Orders, then there is no argument, the details are held on your file for 6 years.

However anything other than legal Orders comes under different rulings depending on the terms of the contract and whether the contract is still in force.

Where the Courts have handed down sealed Orders, then there is no argument, the details are held on your file for 6 years.

However anything other than legal Orders comes under different rulings depending on the terms of the contract and whether the contract is still in force.

I may have misread your earlier posts, but thanks for clarifying anyway.

Update

Final phonecall with IS confirms no record should show on the cra's.

So letter sent special delivery 04/12/07, 21 days and counting

regards

vselym

Regards

vselym

• 2 weeks later...

Evening

letter received from Experian today, file will be deleted in the next 7 days !

They also advise me to contact the other cra's and give me their address' , how considerate

My SAR is also being collated and should be with me shortly, we'll see

regards

vselym

Regards

vselym