Me vs HSBC - a bit worried

EmmaLi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently begun proceedings against HSBC, using the template letters and following the methods given on this site. However, I have had a couple of responses that I am confused about and was wondering if anyone could shed any light on them.

The first is a letter saying that they’ve received my letter and are looking into it, and one paragraph says that “’a manual intervention’ by HSBC staff may be required in a variety of situations including; account opening, dealing with correspondence or telephone calls, when deposits or withdrawals are made over the counter at our branches and from time to time during account administration.” I thought they were just trying to be clever – what does everyone else think?

The second is that they have returned the cheque that I enclosed to cover the cost of supplying the information with a note saying that they are happy to waive the fee on this occasion. Is this normal?

All thoughts and help appreciated.

Em

Hi Emma,

I'm with HSBC, and have found their silence to be deafening, so much so that I lodged my claim in court a week ago.

The gist of the letter they sent you is that they consider your complaint to be trivial, and that whilst you have taken the initiative they intend to take it back very soon...

Do NOT let this happen - you have set a timetable, you must stick to it. Ignore everything they say unless it specifically answers a question you have asked. In this instance you asked for details of intervention, not an explanation...

You will get there in the end - good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

I have worked out what the bank has taken in charges from my accounts and was writing up the approach for repayment when I realised that it says deductions and interest charges. Can anyone tell me if that means the interest the bank has charged me or the 8% that the speadsheet calculates?

Thanks,

Em

I have worked out what the bank has taken in charges from my accounts and was writing up the approach for repayment when I realised that it says deductions and interest charges. Can anyone tell me if that means the interest the bank has charged me or the 8% that the speadsheet calculates?

Thanks,

Em

It's the interest that the bank have charged you on the charges that have been applied. The 8% isn't added until it goes to claim time as per the FAQ's.

IMO, calculating the interest charged on charges is far too difficult for the few pounds it actually is and therefore not worth including.

Good Luck

OC

• 1 month later...

I can't believe how dumb I have been! On Saturday I filled in my form on the moneyclaim site only to find out today that I have listed myself as the defendent and the bank as the claimant! Is there a "failed the initiative test" judgement?

Does anyone know how I can rectify this and do I have to pay the fees again?

Thanks,

Em

You may find that it will be easier to withdraw your claim then resubmit,saving you £35, ias another user said they where refunded .Don't worry you are not the first and won't be the last :D

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

@rmoody71

There really is no need for that.

Everybody makes mistakes - that's why they put rubbers on the ends of pencils.

EmmaLi knows she has made a big mistake without you posting that.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Guest malissa7999
@rmoody71

- that's why they put rubbers on the ends of pencils.

EmmaLi knows she has made a big mistake without you posting that.

...like it !! :) ,..here here, we all support you and wish u the very best !!

Thanks for all the replies.

Had an email back telling me to resubmit my claim and let them know the old and new claim numbers and they'll issue a refund cheque. Just can't beleive how dumb I was!

As has already been said we ALL make mistakes no one is perfect and by you being big enough to admit it will help others as someone might read your thread and realise they where just about to do the same thing so THANK YOU :D

It's only going to hold you up by a few days so don't worry about it at least it's all in hand now :D

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Absolutley normal, don't worry, it's a standard letter.

In about a week or so you will get a letter from D&G solicitors offering between 50-80%, refuse this and within a few days an offer for the full amount will thud on your doorstep.

Please take a look at my thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ead.php?t=8649 for all the details of what happened to me.

Don't panic, it will be fine.

Crusher :-D

4 threads merged - please stick to one thread!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks