• Tweets

• If a DCA supplies a reconstituted copy of the CCA what would be the next step? It seems that a reconstituted copy must be a " true copy " of the executed agreement, it must contain the Prescribed Terms. But given that there is no copy of the applicants signature surely it could be an agreement form with the details filled in. How can it be assumed that this " copy " represents a true copy that the claimant has supposed to have signed. Cabot have demonstrated a bit of sabre rattling when they say "Until we're able to provide this information , your account is unenforceable. This means we're not permitted to obtain a County Court judgement against you . Whilst we cannot pursue legal action, your balance remains outstanding ". I looked up a case... Cabot UK Ltd  v  Bachellier (2010) which might help, but it's tough reading, I'd prefer to plough through War and Peace. This particular case with Cabot is not huge , approx' £140, but the only other worry that I have is also with Cabot...£2100. They may try to make a point with lesser case.
    • you'll never find a court open on a w/end MB. all courts are closed Good Friday and Bank Holiday Monday. However as Andy points out, that does NOT mean you get 2 extra days to file, you get one, same as xmas/new Year. UKPC have not filed their, so no rush on yours as dave says.  
    • Top US magazine slams Britain after 14 years of Tory ‘psychodrama’ The New Yorker’s excoriating report on the state of the UK lays bare how Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union (EU) “catalysed some of the worst tendencies in British politics”. “The only way to think about it is as a psychodrama enacted, for the most part, by a small group of middle-aged men who went to élite private schools, studied at the University of Oxford, and have been climbing and chucking one another off the ladder of British public life" Top US magazine slams Britain after 14 years of Tory ‘psychodrama’ WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK The New Yorker’s excoriating report on the state of the UK lays bare how Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union (EU) “catalysed...  
    • UK travellers are being caught out by post-Brexit passport rules.   When do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule? WWW.BBC.COM UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.                                   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cheer up...there's no need to be Nazi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bad day??

project65.net

Remember the guys (and gals) who made D-Day possible??

I hope you do, because they are only a generation ago.

Remember the action in Afghanistan or Iraq??

How easy is it to forget in this 'modern age', when your 'priority debts' bother your backside.

THIS is where your loyalty should lie.........and make no mistake about it.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good project. I am suprised that this has'nt been done already.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Yep, exellent project, I'll sponsor it!

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

As a pacifist I don't agree with all the parading/ pomp and circumstance associated with the remembrance of people who fought and died for this country.

I do agree that war is sometimes a necessary evil but the last justifiable war involving Britain in my opinion was WW2.

I have been privileged to have been invited to the remembrance day services in Harelbeke, Belgium.

The services there are completely different. I attended the ceremony at the Menin Gate in Ypres on the 10th November, which is a British ceremony. As you would expect you had all the pageantry as happens at the cenotaph every year. To contrast this though was the way the Belgians remember. On the morning of the 11th we gathered for a quiet service at a British war graves cemetery, led by the town mayor. Then walked along into the town, pausing at a site where the retreating German army killed a lot of the men of the town in 1918, before a very low key and sombre ceremony in the town's main church. Not one person was in any form of uniform apart from the police and fire brigade that were working at the time.

During remembrance day I think about all those who have been lost in armed conflict. Not only our forces but those of all the nations involved, including enemy forces, and especially the civilian populations that have been killed over the years.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Dannyboy - I don't want to pick a fight with you.

But I'll give my money to who I choose and no amount of you posting here will change that. I find it very annoying, to say the least, that you think you can push YOUR allegiances up our noses.

Bluey - I agree about WW2. Can't find my reference, but this is the received view in the theory of war, I think.

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

We have to establish peace in the Middle East, even if it is by force.

So it's for their own good that invade their county by force and kill however many folk in the process? The lives that are sacrificed are worth it because of the result? What about the individual rights to life of all of those lost?

They fight over what type of bacon to eat, or if a woman is entitled to education.

There is no doubt. They ALL have a right to know.

Erm ... I think they just don't eat bacon. Never seen them fighting over the merits of different types.

I agree about the right to education. I disagree with your method of enforcing it.

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

I disagree strongly with the west's determination to enforce our particular brand of 'democracy' across the world.

Why should we have a say on which foods people from religious groups eat, what clothing they should wear. We should be promoting a culture of tolerance but in fact we a promoting intolerance by our very methods of delivering it.

We only choose to engage in war where we have a financial interest to do so. If this was not the case then why have we not invaded Zimbabwe? Religious intolerance, political murders, inhumane treatment of women. You name it Mugabe has done it.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

So it's for their own good that invade their county by force and kill however many folk in the process? The lives that are sacrificed are worth it because of the result? What about the individual rights to life of all of those lost?

Erm ... I think they just don't eat bacon. Never seen them fighting over the merits of different types.

I agree about the right to education. I disagree with your method of enforcing it.

We won't agree,............ and that's a fact.

I'll quite happily sit here and wait for the day you'll give a voice to the veiled nobodies.......and the enslaved kids.

Please excuse me if I've broken some kind of "sit back and let you Pontificate" rule because I might be prepared to take you on on that one.......(Ooooh .....Imagine!!!!)

YES.......BY FORCE........

Can you believe that even in 21C Some women think they are S..t because they've been told so?????

I can't believe I'm having this conversation!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

"they" And who would "they" be, Dannyboy?

Are we talking the Muslim "they"? The Jewish "they"? Are we talking the Christian "they"? Or are we talking about any of the other religious or non-religious "they"?

There's always a them. You are so supportive of the military and yet you seem to fail to grasp that it is precisely because of British military expansionism during the time of the Empire which has led to all of these problems.

Denying women an education? Well, this country is hardly any better in the educational stakes - myself and others on this forum have been or are currently fighting to get an education (or appropriate education) for our children because of the lack of ready help for those with disabilities. Prejudice against the mentally or physically impaired? Hmm, wasn't Hitler for that with his eugenics programmes?

As for women in education, this has only really improved in te last 20 years or so - and if you bring childcare into the equation, only really in the last 5 years or so.

I would also like to point out that Iran had a very liberal education system and view of women until a regime was elected in because of the fears the populus had about the agressive West.

I disagree with Bluey & HC about the last WW being the last one to have any real ethical value (paraphrasing here) because of the genocide which occurred in Bosnia and Kosovo - I feel very proud that we got involved in that.

This thread has gone from being supportive of our armed forces into being supportive of whatever military action our government dictates - please don't confuse the two.

I think this is potentially a very inflammatory thread, and quite disgusting too, when "they" are mentioned.

Remember Dannyboy - sometimes "they" are "us".

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I disagree with Bluey & HC about the last WW being the last one to have any real ethical value (paraphrasing here) because of the genocide which occurred in Bosnia and Kosovo - I feel very proud that we got involved in that.
Then you should discuss this with someone like my brother, who worked in humanitarian in the Balkans for over 10 years, and saw first hand things very different than what the BBC portrayed. You might change your mind on that one too. :-|