• Tweets

• Part of the POFA rules for creating a liability to pay a parking co is identifying the land they control so is there another palce of the incorrect name? If so then photographs of the other site will prove that your vehicle cnat possibly have been there as the images they will produce wont match the background etc. If however Bromhall developments is the name of their employer would the land in question be known by the same name for the entire development?   The POC is the usual rubbish and inaccurate one they cribbed from Gladstones so can be attacked in your outline defence.   Now I have googled Broomhall developments and they are an Irish Co that has bult a similar named housing estate in IRELAND. ther is also  a Broomhall gateway development plan for SCOTLAND but nothing in England, let alone Sheffield specifically   defence has to be in a fortnight after the deadline for the AOS assuming you get that in on time.   On google noseyneighbour I can see signs near to the parking bays that say permit holders only so unless you have a permit the signage doesnt apply to youas you would be prohibited fro parking there anyway. So with this in mind were you parked in a bay or on the road? Were you visiting or connected to the property that bay was allocated to and if so can you find out if the bay is part fo the property and noted in the deeds. If it is then it has nowt to do with VCS.   So you are going to grab some pictures and then you compare these to the web site of Broomhall development in ireland and that will be part fo your evidence   Also ask council when the Close was adopted by council as it appears to be a public highway
    • Ericsbrother   If I had the opportunity at the time I would have argued the value on the Court claim, however this wouldn't have changed by a significant amount.  So asking for it to be set aside is probably not going to end this in the long run.   No we don't owe any money to the business.   We have a good set of books and records.  No account filed as of yet.   The company is still 'active' on companies house and has not been dissolved.  We only received the Notice of enforcement a few days ago.       What makes you think they can force entry into a domestic property?      
    • Sorry but I think that it is rather precipitative giving advice – and rather over-generalised advice at that – until we understand more detail about the circumstances.
    • now the terms will specify that they can cancel if weather if bad etc and you have to accept that but by doing so they have to accept that the voucher's term is extended or they must refund for their failure to perform to the contract. essentially you should have asked for a refund on a no fly day and they would have to comply and by continuing to  accept things you were blindly accepting alterations to the original conrcat and that makes things more difficult. i would write again giving them 14 days to refund as they ahve filed to perform to their contractual obligations and then sue them if they still dont cough up. However, this meaqns you must follow through with the threat of cort action so before you start you need to read up on the relevant consumer legislation and also about performance of contracts
    • They say I was on Broomhall Developments, the car was parked on Broomspring Close.  S37XA
  • Our picks

oggy1

capital one credit card charges wont pay back ***WON***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3822 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi to everybody,

have tried to get my charges back on my visa card , £276.00, after the letters and lba they have refunded £88.00 back and are refusing any more even though i told them i would take court action.

what are capital one like and is it worth pursuing the balance as they suggest even if i contact the financial ombudsman they are right.

please any help would be appreciated.

they have refunded £88.00 back and are refusing any more even though i told them i would take court action.
Then you should take court action. They will quickly give in.

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

thanks for the advice ,

when they send all the letters back , i seem to loose it a little and become unsure.

its great to be able to get some reassurance.

will be issuing court papers soon

Have had two claims against Cap One on both occasions they have paid the full claim amount once the Court papers have been issued.

Carry on and issue your claim through the court they will pay up

• Haha 1

Lloyds TSB won £4154.59

Nat West settled £810

Mint settled £383.47

Lloyds TSB (mrsDJ59) won £3751.09

Barclaycard settled £1079.77

Capital One settled £257.85

Citicards won £2033.80:p

Capital One settled £986.65

thanks dj59,

will be issuing claim in a couple of days

Hello Oggy1

Please don't use MCOL online, as they will automatically "Stay" your case. Use the N1 court form and file it yourself. Also you will get all of the new POC on the form, with MCOL you have no space in the box for a full POC.

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.

Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

thanks ukaviator , will do that .

just sorting it out and will file this week.:)

Hi, Oggy1.

As soon as Cap 1. received my Summary Cause Summons they paid up pronto.

Best wishes.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

thanks maroondevo52 , just working it out,

does anybody know the daily rate of interest to put on the poc

thanks

Hi

The daily rate is = 0.022% (8/365)

Add up your charges and interest then x by 0.022%

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

thanks ukaviator,wasnt thinking properley last night, must be all this pressure.

thanks

well thats done now, went to court and issued court papers.

i think capital one will have to answer this one.:)

Just the wait now. They will say that they will defend, then payup. been that way for well over a year now.

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

WARNING TO ALL

cant wait till they get the court papers, will be interesting?????????//

well had reply from the court today.

capital one are going to defend the case. i honestly didnt think they would bother.

They nearly always say this then pay up. I would check your account onine everyday from now on. The refund is received before the snotty letter from them.

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

WARNING TO ALL

They won't. They always say they are going to defend, then usually send an offer letter shortly afterwards. The reason they acknowledge the claim and sat they'll defend is that it buys them another 14 days. Usually they don't even send a copy of the defence in at all, although i did get one last week, on the same day they sent their cheque! And the defence was rubbish anyway.

On past form, won't be long now, sit tight and wait, you'll be sorted soon :) .

WON WON WON,:) :)

just as you said ,wendyb & ukaviator, checked my account and they have repaid all of the money plus costs.

recieved the snotty letter today and they wish to move on from here.

have started claim for ppi also.

they still will not send the cca though even though i have requested it for a 3rd time.

thanks all of you.

Congratulations.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Congratulations.

I had a letter today to say they had paid my claim too. Balance now cleared and a cheque on it's way.

You sent Miss Ellie a Christmas card? :-D

Well done oggy

Steven

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

There you go Oggy. . . . great result.

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

WARNING TO ALL

I had a letter today to say they had paid my claim too. Balance now cleared and a cheque on it's way.
Well done rural girl :D
You sent Miss Ellie a Christmas card?
What about the rest of the Ewings?

Steven

My Wins