Water company asking me to pay more than i can afford.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i went into arrears with both my water and sewage company, the water company sent me to court, where it was agreed that i can only afford to pay £10 a month.

The sewage company accepted the same amount, but after about 5 months of me keeping up with the payment plan, they have just sent me a letter saying i have to pay the full balance, i called the office and the person i spoke to insisted i should increase the amount, i said no and asked to speak with a supervisor but he bluntly refused to transfer the call, but rather threatened to send the debt collectors and possibly to county court if i don't increase the payment.

please what is my rights on this issue .

Just think how it would look in court. The sewage company agreed to accept £10 p/m. Suddenly they are demanding the remaining balance in full. If they take you to court there is a high risk they could get less. To be honest I have never been in the situation of been taken to court. But based on what you've said, just keep on making the payments and let them tske you to court. By the way. Did the sewage company put it in writing that they would accept £10 p/m? If so it would be interesting to hear what a judge would say to them.

Just remind them that they agreed to this amount and that it is all you can afford. Also, it might be an idea to start communicating with them via snail mail.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

Funny enough they just rang me this morning to say "eerrr... yeah we found our agreement with you and u have kept ur part of it, but if u can increase the amount we will most appreciate it, sorry about yesterday"

my reply was i'm gonna ponder over it as i don't want to over commit my self financially.

They just saved themselves court cost there lol. Don't let them pressure you into paying more than you can afford

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07