mortgage help required !!!! anyone assist pleeeeze

jake44

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am not sure where to go for advice . Went to a so called financial advisor two years ago. We were well and truly screwed and ended up with our mortgage payments going from £550 to £979 !!!! :mad: I have really been struggling to keep payments going. we are about £800 behind which isn't bad condisering. I amwaiting on the outcome re the banks Due about 4.5 k back ! My concern is We have one ccj. a dept management plan through CAB which is going great. What kind of mortgage deal can we expect ??? Due to start looking nxt summer. will cost us 6k to move just now . it looks gloomy re sub prime deals. Can't get caught again......

Any ideas where to go :confused:

Can't you hang on until the CCJ is cleared - that way you won't get stung again - subprime to subprime is asking for more trouble - I've been ripped off and was repossessed so I can give some practical help.

If you get your charges back and clear the CCJ and the arrears (a Judge won't offer reposession on that amount - would give you about a 3-6 month stay to see how things go should it go to court) it should help improve your credit rating.

At the moment though I believe the sub-prime market is a victim of its own greed and ineptitude and almost any sub-prime lender will now have a clause to say "reposession via the courts after 1 missed mortgage payment" so you aren't going to be better off - particularly if an ERC is included.

Paying the CCJ and arrears will help, but as you are on a DMP your creditrating wil lstill not be very good, and you will probably find most high street lenders won't lend to you. There are some good sub prime deals out there, although they are getting les and less at the moment.

You need to get a decent broker, nearer the time to search the market for you. You could search some comparision sites to see which bracket you fall into.

WHo are you with at present?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi

We were with Amber home loans but they have sold out to Redstone ?

We have till next summer to try and clear some debts, and improve our credit rating. Now debt management is in place it gets creditors off our back and stops the phone calls. I am really hoping that the bank charge trial in january goes in our favour and not the banks. If I can get my charges back then I can clear ccj's and loads of silly debts that are just hanging . IF ONLY ! So I am really awaiting the outcome re banks.........

Also the interest rate coming down would aslo help.......