Is this right

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a mobilty disabilty, I can no longer do my contracted job, can my employer force a change to my job and my T&C'S to a lot lower job with a lot lower pay?. Or do they need to find me another job with the same pay, the drop is 30%?.

Hi toutvent.

Firstly, did you have the mobility disability at the time you were originally employed? You may have a case for discrimination on the grounds of disability, but without knowing the full facts is hard to say.

Hi there, can you give a few more details please

how long you have been in your present job

when your disability started

what sort of work you do

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi,

If you gained this disability after starting your job,then they do have to try and find you other work that you are capable of doing.It does not have to be on the same pay or T & C `s.

If however you had this when you were taken on, then they can change your job to one you are capable of but the rate and T & C `s should remain quintessentially the same.

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales

I gained this disabilty 4 years ago, I have not done my contracted job now for 7 years but done another job at there request on the same T&C'S as I joined. As I now have a disabilty and I cannot do the job I had when I started with them they want to drop my pay and role, do I have a right to remain in this job after 7 years and do I have an implied contract.

Right, are they keeping you doing the job you have been doing for 7 years? Can you do your current job without difficulties?

I would say, so long as you can still do your current job then you have a justified grievance under customs and practice.

Are you a member of a union? If so then put a grievance letter in and get your union to take the matter up. If not put the letter in and we’ll take things from there.

yes I can return to my job with as soon as I am better, with some very small reasonable adjustment at a very small cost.

Here is the cruncher.........what "reasonable adjustment” and what “small cost “?