Anyone had dealings with this crew?

benson05
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Had a letter today from DMS /Capital Recoveries , not heard of these before and as the debt is so old think they could have made an educated guess on this one . If anyone has had any dealing be grateful for feedback.

Benson05

Does the Debtor have family or friends who could assist with the repayment?

Cheeky EDIT

Would legal action increase the chances of recovery?

Would a smack in the mouth increase the chances of getting you to leave my house?

(Seahorse does not condone the use of violence in persuading unwelcome visitors to leave, unless such action is warranted in light of the DCA's representative acting like a total [EDIT] idiot.)

(Seahorse would like to point out that the above comments are for demonstration purposes only. No DCA's were harmed in the writing of this post.)

• Haha 1

Mind you they are right on the mark with chasing old debt, must give them 100% for effort - this debt is 18years old -Might take it to the Antiques Roadshow and get them to value it.

Benson(every day the postman brings me more shiny plastic window envelopes)05

This was an interesting read - I think a complaint about the blurb to the OFT and Trading Standards is in order...

The bit about asking other people to pay for you is a NO NO as far as the OFT Guidelines go, they will only end up linking you together financially on Experian and we all know what happens then - trying to get Experian to remove something is a nightmare - they linked me to a brother I haven't lived with for over 15 years a while ago and offered a 'notice of correction'. I told them where to stick it and provided evidence (Council Tax records) that we were in different parts of the country and were not 'financially dependent' on eachother.

Trying to decide whether they would like Jammie Dodgers or Digestives when they visit me as they say in the comfort of my own home where as they put in their glossy ad that the debtor will probably have relevant paperwork to hand-after 18years it has probably turned to dust (but sadly not statute-barred)

Love Benson

Yes, my thoughts exactly, actually asked the original claimant to send me details etc 3years ago, after paying them for about 7years in the days when I beleived they could send the boys round , heard nothing for three years until yesterday. Oh well more fun and games if I hadnt got enough to deal with.

Kind regards,

Benson05

• 3 weeks later...

Had a nice letter today from these people, saying they are very dissaponted with me not replying and they may send someone round within seven days to see how much I can afford to pay them. I wonder if any of you clever folks know a nice letter I can send them asking them to kindly furnish me with information concerning this debt;ie the house was repo'd in 1990 had a mortgage guarantee premium on it etc etc any help would be nice also is it true that really thy have to wait for me to invite them around. Also am i right in thinking this would just be afield agent and no more than that,

Your thoughts would be most welcome,

benson05

they may send someone round within seven days to see how much I can afford to pay them
I wonder if any of you clever folks know a nice letter I can send them

Dear Sirs

Account Ref: xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing

Should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment, and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully

Regards, Dave.