Employment / Default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

Situation I am in , is after the new year, I will be going through Security clearance within my employment. This is something that we all must do, and can't get out off due to specific contracts. The checks include being seached with the CRA's. I've been made aware that my defaults will stop me from being granted the clearance.

On the off chance (something I need to at least try), I want to write to creditors and 'ask' them to consider removing defaults (2) as this will now affect my employment once I go through clearance. This would then mean that my current monthly payments to to the creditors could be severley affected / stopped due to loss of employment. I believe I read in a previous post of someone else who might have went through this.

Has anyone else been in this position, or similar? How should I approach my letter to the companies who have defaults registered, and is this even worth doing. I don't imagine they give a flying hoot about my situation but I don't even want to think about once I'm refused clearance on the defaults. I was just starting to get ontop of things and my finances as well.

:-?

its a bit diff to comment with scant info.

however, if the defaults ARE correct then there is little you can do.

even if you dispute the defaults, to get them removed is not a quick process.

i would be inclined to actually

get the CRA reports online [thee are ways to do it without it costing you] or do it via post for £2

then atleast you WILL know exactly what problems could appear.

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

are all the defaults justified?

i might be wrong but i think late payments etc dont count in clearence checks, just ccj's and outstanding debts.

it might be an idea to search the net and find out if what is on your report DOES present a problem in terms of the clearence aspect,.

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The defaults are not settled, I am currently paying monthly to the DCAs who now have them. I came to an agreement betwen them all without any 3rd parties involved, and have been paying them for over a year now.

I do know that the defaults are used in relation to being cleared, and this is what is worrying me.

Any advice or should I accept I will be job hunting again shortly? :-(