Where next- help?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone help please.

I have read through all the posts and none are specific and easy to find the answer to this:

With Halifax - sent the DPA letter for the ststements on 15th April with £10.00 cheque and I am still waiting - i want to conatct them to see what is happening, but am unsue whether to wait until 25th May when the 40 days are up. Then I bet I ring them and they say they never received it (I did not send it recorder delivery) - sent the letter to the local branch.

I want to start moving on this and claim back charges.

please can anyone help as to what to do - I am fed up of waiting for response.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------

Halifax: Amount owed £1,392.00.

Data Protection Act arrived 30/05/06.

Prelim letter sent 31/05/06

Partial Offer reply rcvd 06/06/06 - £160.00 (Rejected)

LBA sent 14/06/06.

Partial Offer reply rcvd 21/06/06 - £485.00(Rejected)

MCOL filed 28/06/06 : Claim no: 6QZ42413

You can phone customer relations to see if the letters have been received or scanned on the system somewhere.

I also sent a letter to the same place reminding them of there obligations under the DPA,after this i did then receive my statements.

It doesent hurt to contact them but they do have 40 days and may make you wait.

There are various contact numbers for you to phone and they are listed at the top of this page.

Hope this helps.Good luck.

DPA Letter sent 28 Feb

• Statements Received 24 Mar
  • Prelim sent 24 Mar
  • LBA sent 12 Apr
  • MCOL 26 Apr
  • Acknowledged 3 May
  • Coming soon:

£2810 inc int. Halifax. Done and Dusted 16/05/06

Dont forget to donate

Thanks a lot - will try and phone. I hate this 'waiting game' and I am just at the start!

LBA sent 14/06/06.

No problem.

As you can see it is a bit of a waiting game,I started out on 28 Feb.

Just take your time follow all the steps and keep us posted so we can offer advice and in turn you will be able to offer advice to others.

All the best.

DPA Letter sent 28 Feb

• Statements Received 24 Mar
  • Prelim sent 24 Mar
  • LBA sent 12 Apr
  • MCOL 26 Apr
  • Acknowledged 3 May
  • Coming soon:

£2810 inc int. Halifax. Done and Dusted 16/05/06

Dont forget to donate

Halifax went over the 40 days with my request.... this is being 'looked in to' by the customer care department.

They lost my letters and then ignored my email reminding them they only had 14 days left.

Chase, Chase, Chase is what i recommend.

Halifax DPA sent - 8th March - reminder email sent 1st April . Finally received info on day 60!

First 14 day letter sent 17/5/06.

Jaidxx v Abbey - WON by Jaidxx!

I chased mine today after sending a letter and cheque to them. There were notes on the system from HQ, but nothing had happened.

The agent I spoke to, ordered them there and then and took £5 from my account stating 7-10 days.

She said that before they cashed the cheque, they would check my notes anyway and see that it had already been actioned- we'll see eh?!

Anyway, there seems to be a set procedure when speaking to people on the 08545 203040 number now. They know exactly what to do with regards to ordering the statements, however, they are clueless as to what we are up to (unlike HQ who had put notes on my account to say "possible charge claim expected"!!!). All I got was "6 years is a lot of statements to be ordering"! Bless!

Anyway, good luck with your claim.

I have a separate post on here and will update when I receive my statements- see if it works!

Can someone help please.

I have read through all the posts and none are specific and easy to find the answer to this:

With Halifax - sent the DPA letter for the ststements on 15th April with £10.00 cheque and I am still waiting - i want to conatct them to see what is happening, but am unsue whether to wait until 25th May when the 40 days are up. Then I bet I ring them and they say they never received it (I did not send it recorder delivery) - sent the letter to the local branch.

I want to start moving on this and claim back charges.

please can anyone help as to what to do - I am fed up of waiting for response.

Thanks

I'm afraid that you do have to wait 40 days. However it would be worth calling them or contacting them -- but better calling them, in order to find out if they have received your request. Have they cashed a cheque?

I know its annoying waiting but they will come! I know that sometimes banks send them on the 38th day and sometimes sooner than that, but they will arrive!

Good luck!

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

finally received mine on about day 60 ish.

I had to fax the data protection department in the end and they got the details to me quite quickly...... this was due to the fact they were already over the 40 days and I had threatened to take if further..... they 'waived' my £10 fee too!

On Monday they will receive my letter asking for £900 back!

Halifax DPA sent - 8th March - reminder email sent 1st April . Finally received info on day 60!

Thanks - will look that up.

• 3 weeks later...

Received letter from the Halifax within 5 days of sending the Prelim letter for £1,300.00. Halifax offered £160.00 and a footnote on the letter stating we can contact FOB for help if they cannot resolve our complaint - this bit worried me.

As the prelim reply deadline date isn't until 14th June, I am not sure whether to send out LBA or reply rejecting this amount before the LBA. Anyone got any ideas or any info that can be sent in a letter before LBA. I want to try and stick to timeline so should I wait until 14th and send LBA. I am confused and rather worried that they will reject my letters and I will be the ONE in court!

LBA sent 14/06/06.

Hi

I received this too, its just a delay tactic. Send the LBA but includea line rejecting the offer and state categorically that you will not accept anything other than full reimbursement.

You dont need to wait till the 14th you can do it now.

Hope this helps

Natalie

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Please stick to one thread! I have merged this post with your previous thread.

You can reply to their offer saying you accept the payment as partial settlement but will continue to pursue for the full amount. If no joy - send your LBA on the 14th as planned.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Please stick to one thread! I have merged this post with your previous thread.
Sorry about this I am still new to this site and did not realise that I should have continued with my last thread.

Are there any templates for a letter to send rejecting partial refund I have looked through other threads and they do show the introduction to a letter and then I can't seem to think what to put after.

LBA sent 14/06/06.

You don't need to go into any detail, just something simple will suffice

Dear Mr Bank Man

I accept your offer of XXXX as partial settlement for my claim. Please be aware that I will continue to pursue the claim until full settlement is received.

Your sincerely,

lah

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks,

I will send a letter of rejection before the LBA by recorded delivery tomorrow (7th June) and then on 14th June will send LBA - to keep to the timescale. Will keep this thread posted

LBA sent 14/06/06.

As the bank still have until 14/06/06 before I send LBA - I issued this letter to them. I have not accepted or declined the amount they offer, just reminded them of dates and then on the 14th I will send the LBA as in the Templates section - this will confuse them - HA-

Sample Letter I created: My address here

Halifax Plc : Address of local Branch here

Sort Code: xxx

Roll Number: xxxx

Account Number: xxxx

Date: 07/06/2006

Re: Request for repayment of charges in full

Dear Sir/Madam,

In response to your recent offer with regards to your communication via the postal system - 5th June 06

May I remind you of the details of my original letter stating my request for re-imbursement of unlawful bank charges to the value of £1,392.00. by 14/06/06

Although I appreciate your full and final settlement of £160.00, please be aware that I will continue to pursue the claim until the full settlement is received.

If you do not respond or you do not respond positively within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect.

I do hope this matter can be resolved amicably and that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me.

Yours faithfully,

lah

This may help others who are at this stage

LBA sent 14/06/06.

• 2 weeks later...

Telephoned the bank 14th June to see if they were going to reply to the letter I sent regarding rejection of partial refund - want it in Full. Even though it was sent recorded delivery and Post Office said it was signed for - Halifax said they never received it in Customer Services! So sent LBA anyway to stick to the deadline. Got a standard reply from Halifax saying it has been passed onto customer services.

Wait now till 28th June.

However, I am confused what to do next if I don't hear from them or they again offer patrial refund.

LBA sent 14/06/06.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone at the same stage as me? LBA runs out tomorrow have been offered half of the amout I am claiming for. Now up to the MCOL. When this is completed how long has halifax got to pay up and what is the next stage after this if they don't pay up. I may be the one who goes the long haul!

LBA sent 14/06/06.

Threads merged again - if you start a new thread it will be closed!

Halifax seem to pay up quite quickly when it gets to this stage, but they could acknowledge the claim and then drag it out as they then get 28 days to play with. If you search for 'won' or 'settled' you can look at some other claims and see how long it took to get their money.

Thanks

Hey congrats on the full settlement from HSBC. Seems you know the system - its just a waiting game and it feels like ages for each step - Ba Humbug!

LBA sent 14/06/06.

If anyone is interested just filled in MCOL and now this stage is done.

I am now unsure of the next stage - looked through the FAQ's but still no clearer - anyone passed this stage who could help?

Also I want to complain to OFT but can't seem to find how to do this again, anyone offer me help? This would be greatly appreciated.

LBA sent 14/06/06.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

LBA sent 14/06/06.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks