TV License Court Summons

llamedos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please could anyone advise me, In August I answered the door to a man from the TVlicensing, he told me that I had not got a TV license, this came as a suprise to me as my wife pays on a payment card. She had fallen behind with payments and I didnt know. My wife and I are disabled and I am a carer for her but money items she always deals with. I answered all his questions and was totaly honest and apolagetic, we set up a direct debit there and then to avoid any more problems. He told me that he doubted that I would be prosecuted because of our cicumstances but the decision was not his. I am very worried and upset now because we are an honest very very low income family and rectified the mistake instantly but now I have been given a date to appear at the Magistrates court 7 days before Christmas. It is not like we wilfully decieved anyone, I have been reading some peoples comments about not letting them in but I was honest all the way and now have a license. Why do so many people who delibrately dont buy one get left alone. Is it also true that the courts will not give you time to pay in instalments, any fine will cripple us, especially 7 days before christmas, my 2 little boys happiness shouldnt be affected by this. A big fat MERRY CHRISTMAS to the decision makers on this one.

Just go to court on the appointed day, explain as you did here - and the judge may use his discretion that it was a genuine oversight. If not, then the fact your on benefits will be factored into any fine that might be imposed.

I had a chap call at my door about a tv licence but I thought I had at least another couple of months to run on it.

I didn't invite him in but answered his questions honestly as I obviously wasn't out to deceive.

He left me a note and when I read it it states '(I) have been cautioned for not having a licence' and the chap was an enforcement officer! He didn't id himself as such or caution me!

A dd was set up and then I received a letter which said on this occassion I will not be prosecuted although they could have!

I fail to see how two similar genuine oversights can be treated differently and I would be willing to offer myself as a witness in your upcoming prosecution.

Please pm me if you so wish.