Barclaycard Offer

doltage
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long time lurker, first time poster!

Just received a response from Barclaycard, I sent letter asking for £1087.22 (19 separate charges + interest) and they've offered me £432.00 stating:

"Barclaycard is aware of all the information you have drawn to our attention. I must inform you, however, that we disagree with your legal analysis

Putting the above to one side, as a goodwill gesture and without any admission of liability, I am prepared to credit your account with the difference between the charges that you have incured and the current £12 fee. This would amount to £400.00, plus 8% interest"

Now in the mouth of Christmas an offer of 400 odd quid is very tempting but should I maybe write to them stating that 19 charges amounting to £840 minus 19 charges of £12 would amount to £612.00 and tell them I'd settle for that plus their 8% interest? Or should I accept their offer and advise them that I'm accepting it without prejudice as partial payment before starting proceedings?

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Also can anyone let me know if it is my maths that are wonky or theirs

Hi Doltage, and welcome to the BC forum.

You are entitled to have all the unlawful penalty chgs refunded. Forget the £12 they say thay can charge and reclaim the lot if you can hang on for it.

Select a rejection letter from here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

If you have sent them Prelim letter and LBA, file now at court using N1 form, SOC and the new BC POC's (from the Stickies at the top of BC forum).

If you have NOT done formal Prelim and LBA, when you send rejection letter, add :-

"Unless you refund the charges which amount to £xxx.xx in full within 14 days, I shall issue proceedings in the County Court to recover them without further notice."

Don't bother asking for s.69 interest at this stage - you can only claim that when you file at Court.

Have you done a proper spreadsheet for your SOC's. Have a read here if you haven't already - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)