MINT - Triton - Wescot who owns it!

HunterT7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Had a problem with mint credit card, essentially they cancelled DD after two missed payment while bank account migrating to new account, who passed my debt on.

Next I had contact with Triton who I was conversing with but took money and at same time appear to have lost a cheque and letter worth £50. Following my response reference the apparent loss of the cheque nothing was heard from Triton.

Last week I recieved a final demand from Wescot who have requested more than the outstanding amount Triton was asking for but on the telephone admit this is just te amount passed to them from Mint and triton may not have passed any recieved funds to Mint (at least £50 was accepted by Triton.

What I need advice on is does Wescot have this debt and who do I send the CCA request to (mint / Triton / Wescot), presumably Wescot as they are chasing the debt.

Also I believe Mint may have applied OFT 'unfair charges' to the original account, do I mention this to Wescot as this could reduce the debt amount by a couple of hundred.

Is there a combined CCA request letter and notifiction to the collections agency that illegal charges may make up part of the debt? Where should I go now, as only few days to Wescots threat of court (case not applied for yet) final demand to be satisfied by 26th Nov.

Any help appreciateed.

Hunter T7

(apologies if this post is elsewhere, thought I posted it earlier but does not appear in the forums. I have used the search facility extensively before reposting)