Feeling Sick about £60K of Debts!

harvest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Chrissi

Yes re: Mercers. I sent them a letter today with all of the provisons of the legislation laid out and copied the letter (cc'd at the bottom of the letter), to OFT, IC, FSA, Trading Standards Liverpool (where the letter from Mercer's came from) and the Chairman of the Parliamentary (H of C) Select Committee on Regulatory Reform.

I don't know if it will do any good but they might stop hassling my step dad at least.

I had a letter from them in response to my offer of payments saying 'we are willing to discuss reduced payments, please call us to discuss this further.' I didn't fall for that old chestnut.

I have had, in total, 937 calls from creditors from December to now. That seems excessive to me. The latest is Goldfish who have put a new guy on to leave voicemails in a very aggressive voice saying 'Mr Harvest, we know you're picking up voicemails, it is in your best interests (almost shouted) to call us without delay or suffer the consequences.'

And they call themslves a professional company. I've given up getting angry, I just laugh at it now. :rolleyes:

Claim against First Direct - WON - 29th March 2007

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Harvest, I'd advise you to change your phone number. The advice here is never to enter into conversation with them on the phone anyway, and as you stated earlier on you've virtually nothing in the way of assets and all your debts are unsecured so pretty much you're in the driving seat now.

Good luck with the new job, keep us posted on your progress.

yeah it sounds fun

How can they say u are picking up your messages? I thought they got deleted after so long

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I was getting voicemail messages left on my BT landline (possibly via SMS?) by one/some of the DCAs some time last year.

If your line is BT, then this function can be turned off by a combination of keypresses if you wish to do so. I can't recall the sequence right now but if you want it I could probably find it again, or you could possibly find it yourself on BT.com

Rob

Thanks Robcag, Chrissi and The BigLad

They've been phoning my ste dad's landline (only Mercers) - he's on NTL or VIrgin I think and the rest of the calls have been to my mobile. The earliest calls have been 6.30am (on a Saturday!) and midnight on other occasions.

I'm just ignoring them all now and waiting for written corresspondence which goes via my step dad's and he redirects.

If bailiffs ever turn up at his house there is nothing of mine there save for a pictures in frames (worthless) and a pair of my smelly old trainers - they're welcome to those! :grin:

ok who wants the smell trainer. start me at 1p. no not sold.

6.30 am that is harrassement and so is midnight.

I would complaint to TS and make a police complaint.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 4 months later...

I can't believe I last posted here at the end of February. A quick update:

1. Unfortunately my step dad died at the end of April, quite suddenly, though not before some dreadful treatment in hospital.
  2. I've been working really long hours in the job I started at the beginning of Feb and travelling to different parts of the country so have had little time to deal with anything on the debts front - other than paying each month, on time, what I can reasonably afford to creditors (over £1000 per month).
  3. It's been a highly stressful, emotional time recently - my step dad had been my step dad for 33 years (I was a little kid when he met my mother).
  4. I couldn't believe that DCAs were calling me constantly, even on the day of his funeral. When I said I couldn't deal with it on that day one of them responded "that's no concern of ours."
  5. After that I just thought 'eff 'em' and haven't answered a single call since, Neither have I informed any of them of my change of address (my step dad's house was a council house - he'd probably paid over £200k in rent over the 33 years he'd lived their - my mother died 5 years ago and I think he never really recovered).
  6. Work is going well - I'm a bit worried that I'll be taken to court by one or more of these DCAs but I really don't care. They don't have my address and I'm sure the court would find in their favour in my absence.
  7. Bizarrely, if it came down to it, I don't think BR would bother me in the slightest. At my current rate of payments it will take probably 6 or 7 years to pay the debts off. Most, though not all are still applying late payment and administration charges and interest so my payments each month are not even covering these late payment charges and interest so the overall debt is going up.
  8. I want to get on my feet a bit more (get settled in the job - I only have 5 months left on my contract but there may be other opportunities), I will then start to challenge all this in the courts if necessary.
  9. I'm pleased to see that some fellow posters are in much better circumstances than when I last posted - fairbank in particular seems to be flying - well done fella - it's a delight to see you a million miles from those poists back in January.
  10. I'll try and keep my thread a bit more updated now.

Thanks all for all your support over the last six months.

Harvest :)

Harvest

God to hear from you.

Sorry to hear the sad news mate. I can appreciate where you are at the moment..........but hang on in there if you can, talent will always pay and 6 or 7 years aint too long to be honest. Once you have got past one stage in life you get to the next and you are clearly quite able to deal with whatever comes your way.

If you want a PM wouldn't go amiss mate

FB

The corner has become much easier to approach. At long last I am able to start to look behind and see those left behind!

Thanks fairbank - much appreciated. Yes, I think changing my number would be no bad thing. I might ask my existing mobile company.

I would aslo ask for a phoneupgrade as well just to be cheeky.

Cause as we all know if u dont ask u dont get.

glad work is going well and sorry to hear about ur step dad. If there is anything us CAGGERS can do to help u then let us know.

Damn you Harvest! I should have been in bed an hour and half ago but have been reading your thread nstead!Wishing you the best of luck with everything. To be honest it sounds to me like it might be best if some of the loans etc are taken to court because the court will see you have been reasonable in making payments and that you have attempted to set up repayment agreements and that the creditors have just been greedy bloodsucking leaches. At least when that happens the admin charges and other charges will have to stop.All the very best of luck to you.

Hi Harvest.

I just want to add my support.

Whenever you're ready, shout and we will all be here to support you.

Best wishes - take care of you ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.