Halifax Direct debit problems home insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

just wondering if any one else has had direct debit problems with the Halifax?

I started a home insurance policy. no probs for first 6 months until i changed bank account. I provided my new details, and since then, Halifax have not collected any premiums. The bank have confirmed that Halifax are on my list and i can see them clearly on internet banking.

I have paid by cheque, and told them to check at their end, as my bank have their details, they just need to start collecting.

I repsonded to their letters, and asked for a new DD mandate if they could not resolve my issues! I did not recieve one, so thought that i was ok! But no, same issue, they just dont ask my bank for the money??!!

I have arranged for new insurance, and cancelled my insurance with the Halifax today, as I am disappointed with such a large company!

Any way just wondering if any one else had been in the same boat?

Red

Can any one please advise?

Halifax responded to my cancelling insurance letter, with a sorry we did not meet your expectations......£102.95 is outstanding!

Do i have a legal requirement to pay this?

It is not my fault that they had a problem at their end and could not collect my premium!

They kept writing through to me and saying, if you don't pay we will cancel your policy, but because I have cancelled it, then they have demanded the o/s balance!

Any help or advice appreciated!

Red

Hi,

I agree that its really bad service from them and you have a right to complain but as far as the money goes, if you've had the cover then you are liable to for any outstanding premium for the cover you've used.

DA

If you find the advice I give is useful, then please feel free to click the scales :)

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" :)

Thank you DA, I know that it really seems to be the case that I will have to pay the outstanding amount. Will continue with the complaint though!

Thanks for the reply

Red

No probs, hope it all works out.

let us know how you get on.

DA

If you find the advice I give is useful, then please feel free to click the scales :)

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" :)

Hi, just a quick update, I have written to Halifax, complaining about the service or lack of which I received. With regard to the outstanding amount, I have asked if they will write it off, as a gesture of goodwill, as they kept telling me that they would cancel my policy if they did not receive the direct debit payments. I was unsure as to whether I had insurance or not. I will pay the amount if needed, but think that they should take a proportion of the blame, as they did not re-send me a DD mandate as requested, the dd was set up from my bank account, and that they kept threatening to cancel my policy any way.

I ended up cancelling the policy myself as was so unsure as to if I was covered or not. Halifax just did not respond to my previous letters, where I tried to resolve the issues, but to no avail, due to their incompetancy!

Red