Paypal problems

GlasweJen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6003 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in july I ordered goods from boots.com. I paid using paypal got the email confirming payment and thought nothing more of it. In september Paypal requested payment again because the first payment hadn't gone through, I checked and the money had left my account only to appear back in so off i sent it.

Paypal failed to take the money from my account and set my paypal account to a negative balance. I have tried to pay this 4 times using 2 different bank cards but every time paypal fails to collect the money, they also didn't cash a cheque I sent them. At some point the amount I owed changed from £36 to 54euro.

Today I bought an item on ebay, i tried to pay with paypal but they refuse allow me to use them without clearing the balance. I payed it yet again but for some reason there's a 13p negative charge that it wont let me pay off so for the sake of 13p i can't pay for my ebay item. I tried calling them but it's like talking to a brick wall. Any advice on what i can do?

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

Paypal are not the most user friendly when things go wrong but I have found that if you persist with your complaints/enquiries they do eventually get things sorted. I had a similar problem and couldn't use my PP account for 2 months. Like I say though they did sort it eventually!

Hi if the seller lets you pay by another method that might be the best opition for now, least the seller will get paid and you will get ur winning item, as for PP u will have to show presistance towards them, to get the matter resolved, other users in the E.Bay chat forum might be able to assist you in getting PP to act more quickly, so it might be worth just asking there aswell as ere. Thankfully i've not encountered any probs with them in many years service, guess i'm lucky compared to some threads i've read on ere . Just contact the seller and explain you require to pay by other means, ie cheque or money transferr, but do be aware you will not be covered by PPs money back claim should anything go wrong.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.