LYNZFA vs NATWEST **WON**

lynzfa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest NATTIE

lynzfa- can you clarify why you are waiting for bank statements if you know how much the charges are? Sorry, in advance, if I misread the thread just not sure...

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

because i thought i had to have the dates of all the charges and how much they were on each date.i knew how much they were i just didnt know what the dates etc were.iso do i need them or not.

hi,ive recieved a letter from the online court today to say they hda sent the claim to the nat west and they have until 9th august to reply.If they put in a defence does anyone know what will happen next as i dont know what to expect,any advice would be great.

As far as I am aware, they will reply that they intend to defend, thats what many threads on here say, but it seems that they settle before the set court date. Hope this helps and don't panick!!! Everyone here is very supportive and if it should go to court there is the buddy system to help you.

:p :p :pCARMEN :p :p :p

Hi Lynzfa,

When their defence comes, it seems a bit intimidating (6 pages). Dont worry, we have all had the same defence. Just keep rerading the forums and you will see how to deal with them.

Its WAR

thanks for that,i was a bit worried as i didnt know what to expect.i got a call from the bank this morning regarding the letter i sent them to say my account was in dispute and that my account could not ne defaulted while it was in dispute.the woman on the phone told me it was very unlikely that i would get my bank charges back and told me not to waste my money taking it to court.so have i done the right thing.

Hi,yes I Have Another Account With The Clydesdale So Its Ok If They Close The Accounts.i Think I Would Prefer Them To Close The Accounts Anyways.so Does The Defence From The Bank Say The Same For Everyone,who Takes Them To Court

As far as I know, they say the same that they will defend the claim. Thats what i'm expecting when mine gets to that stage. If you read threads on here, they should tell you most of the information that you need to know. With the banks I thinks they let you take it all the way to court to see if your serious or not and hope that you won't go through with it. I don't know why they don't just pay up before it gets to that stage.

:p :p :pCARMEN :p :p :p

they obviously think people will just give up when they send letters saying they arent going to pay.well im not giving up that easy.ill make sure i get all m,y charges back and when i do ill be donating a big lump to this site.withpout it i wouldnt of known what to do

i started my claim online and when i checked back through my bank statements.i have entered the wrong amount how can i change the amount or do i just leave it,i have added the charges up wrong and have claimed for more than what i am owed

How far has the claim progressed? If it still hasn't been issued, you can ask for it to be cancelled - and get a refund. Otherwise, as far as I know you'll have to cancel the claim as you're claiming too much money.

Can you elaborate on exactly how incorrect it is?

If my reply or advice was helpful, please click the scales!

-------

DISCLAIMER: My opinions are strictly personal, and should not be taken as a substitute for individual professional legal advice on your own particular situation.

-------

I also made the same mistake as the bank sent a duplicate of a copy statement that had charges on it, to rectify this i sent a updated schedule of charges with my AQ to the court and the bank,stating that after recalculation i include a new ammount for ----- .

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

• 2 weeks later...

the banks solicitors acknowleged the claim on 25 july but i have still heard nothing from them.should i contact the solicitor direct or just wait for a response from them.they love taking their time with this.they are always quick when its them thats owed money though.

My claim was issued on the 3rd August, NatWest will be served on the 8th of August and they had until the 22nd of August to reply. On the 10th August I received an acknowledgement of service through the post saying that Natwest intend to defend. They still have a couple of weeks to send a defence.. which I am expecting them to do reading other peoples comments.

I have also been told when they ask for information you can decline to give any. Then they will send an offer for about half.. and wait for the court date to be set before they send you the whole amount. It's a waiting game! :-|