Capquest Debt recovery! Very Odd!!

alex1640
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, All.

I have just received a request Letter from Capquest stating they have just bought a debt off RBS, quoting a reference number and asking for over 8K from me.

As I have been with a DMC (Payplan) for quite some time, they have a list of reference numbers, they problem is that the reference number quoted does not appear as one of the outstanding debts?

Where do I stand as they have given me until 22 Nov to act or they pass it to their solicitors.

What actions do I take....or do I hand it over to payplan to screw up again (Marlin post).

Thanks in advance.

:confused:

Send them a credit agreement request, with £1 postal order ( type your name rather than sign it).

They must prove they have some right to a debt, you don't need to pay until they can do so.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

After 12 working days from receipt, you are not legally obliged to pay them any further money until they send you the credit agreement.

• Haha 1

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

recorded delivery. don't sign the CCA. use a £1 postal order, not a cheque.