• Tweets

• Yep, true to form, they are happy to just save a couple of quid... They invariably lose in court, so to them, that's a win. 😅
    • Your concern regarding the 14 days delivery is a common one. Not been on the forum that long, but I don't think the following thought has ever been challenged. My view is that they should have proof of when it was posted, not when they "issued", or printed it. Of course, they would never show any proof of postage, unless it went to court. Private parking companies are simply after money, and will just keep sending ever more threatening letters to intimidate you into paying up. It's not been mentioned yet, but DO NOT APPEAL! You could inadvertently give up useful legal protection and they will refuse any appeal, because they're just after the cash...  
    • The sign says "Parking conditions apply 24/7". Mind you, that's after a huge wall of text. The whole thing is massively confusing.  Goodness knows what you're meant to do if you spend only a fiver in Iceland or you stay a few minutes over the hour there.
    • Hi and thanks It looks like they ticked all the boxes to me but I'll try and upload the notice. I was wondering if a witness to late delivery might be considered proof - I'm assuming they posted it as normal but Royal Mail stuffed up delivery. If not then they're really saying it just has to be posted within 12 days of the incident, regardless of when it is received. Annoying! edit ok thanks Honeybee here's my 2nd (actually 3rd) attempt at anonymising, copying and uploading the notice! Sorry about the state of it - I sat on it while distracted by my dog 🙃 pcn front.pdf pcn back page.pdf
    • ROFL - dont get upset just because someone (quite a lot of someones) dont want smart meters - well unless you get paid for it .. in which case ...   I assume you haven't been with Octopus long enough to be on one of the very long fixed price tariffs they offered before the prices went bonkers .. and that you dont use your electricity in the evening/lunch time if you think the 'agile type tariffs are good value .. let alone worth installing a smart meter for - high price a good disincentive for an evening cuppa eh? Let alone all your computer/tv etc time in the peak price evening or lunch time. - and boy do those peak prices instantly hammer your bill when those Russian and middle eastern issues kick off.   I would only have considered a smart meter if solar panels had been an option for me - but roof is oriented completely the wrong way. Oh - and My opinion hasn't changed since the smart meter trials 40 years ago, because neither have the issues (well not enough) but I'm happy for you. Be happy for me.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Spearmint v LTSB *** WON ***

Spearmint
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right then, this is my blog. Before I start on my valiant quest to kick those cockbags that are also known as Lloyds in to touch I have a couple of questions.

I've just read a post from someone who claims that they have all the info they need on the charges levied against them through internet banking. Can anyone confirm if this is an adequate move to make as the opening play?

As the first the bank will know of your intentions is the Preliminary approach for repayment that you would send, is this wise? Or would it be an ideal tactic as it may catch them off guard and thus may increase the chances of them settling for the full requested amount out of court and with little resistence.

If anybody can offer me some sound advice on the above tactic then it would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Spearmint

Lloyds TSB Current Account:

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent: 12/07/06

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) received: 20/08/06

Prelim sent: 01/10/06

Reply: 13/10/06

LBA sent: 24/10/06

Reply: Nothing

Moneyclaim case submitted: 08/11/06

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Spearmint,

My reload vs Lloyds thread (linky in sig) gives you info on how to get the charges listed via Lloyds Online in the first post. However, bear in mind that generally speaking the report will only go back to July 2002 - IE the last 4 years. Some people have recommended you start the process with this figure, and at the same time send off an SAR to get the full 6 year's statements.

You can then raise a seperate claim for the earlier years, or if Lloyds have pulled their finger out you can file for the full amount when it actually comes to making your County Court Claim. You will probably want to amend the Prelim Approach and/or LBA a little and let them know that is what you're doing, IE: add the sentence "Pending the information provided by my recent Subject Access Request, this figure will increase should I be forced to file a County Court claim against yourselves."

I will warn you though - Lloyds unfortunately play hardball, and will stonewall you right up to the court Allocation Questionnaire. I have posted up a 'Template Response' thread in this forum, which gives copies of the bog-standard template letters Lloyds use with pretty much everyone - you may need to search for it, probably on page 2 or 3 at the moment :)

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Thankyou for the info, it does seem as if properly utilised, this site can give the claiment all the ammo he/she needs to take on the more stubborn organisations. Bring it on I say! :D

I did notice tonight online that the statements only go back to 2002 so I think I'll follow the well trodden path of correspondence via letter. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a late update but I'm only sending off the Preliminary approach for repayment as of today. So now the clock is ticking. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Still no reply from LTSB for the Preliminary approach letter, has anyone else had a similar experience?

Still no reply from LTSB for the Preliminary approach letter, has anyone else had a similar experience?

Hi

As far as i'm aware, I have not heard the Prelim letter responce taking this long with Lloyds

Normally, its very close to the 14 day deadline.

Have you checked when they received the Prelim letter, I take it you sent it Signed for / Recorded?

If they have not replied back after 14 days, I would personally send the LBA - Letter before Action Letter

You will get a Quick responce to that one.

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Advice & opinions of Sophie-Jane are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

If they have not replied to your Preliminary approach yet, you have already given them well over the 14 days allowed in your first letter.

Send them a LBA straight away.

Have you found my post helpful? If so, please click on the scales at the top right of this post! Please read the

FAQ's!

My Claims:

LLoyds TSB - Click!

NOW SETTLED: £760.58 received 1/11/06

BarclayCard - Click!

Claiming £350. Partial refund of £120 received.

Moneyclaim deemed served on 30/9/2006. Darn it, defence filed 4 hours before deadline!

Capital One - Click!

Claiming £190. Partial refund of £72 received.

Sent LBA on 24th September. Cap one won't refund me.

Going for contractual interest on this one, after Lloyds and Barclaycard pay up!

Questions about posting? Clicky here :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not even sure if they have received it. Damn, should of gone recorded delivery!

Right, I've just checked my account and it appear they have only just cashed in my £10 fee for the records on the 18th August. So I would be expecting something this coming week.

only just cashed in my £10 fee for the records on the 18th August.

??????? You state only cashed your £10 Fee ??????

Now are we at the Data Protection Act - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) stage or Prelim stage ??

They are different, The SAR / DPA stage is getting the information they have on you, including statements etc

The prelim letter is after you have your statements and know how much you are claiming for.

So what stage You at ??

• Confused 1

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Advice & opinions of Sophie-Jane are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

Sorry guys the subject access request stage. :)

I have now received a massive file dating back to 1996! :eek:

Fond memories are recorded like me asking for an overdraft increase before joining the RAF. :)

Anyway I digress, can anybody give me any tips etc on how to decipher all this paperwork? Any help will be most appreciated. :)

What you are seeking now are the Charges that have been levied against your account in 6 yrs, thats

From 22nd August 2000 to 22nd August 2006

Place each and every charge down on one of the spreadsheets, I recommend using the easy ones unless you wish to boggle your mind a bit

Once you have that info, then its the Prelim Stage

Remember Recorded Delivery

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Ok, just having a look through my main statements and I could only spot the odd charge here or there.

Though looking at a section supplied by LTSB titled 'View Statement Entries' I notice a whole list of deductions.

Namely Overdraft usage fees, overdraft excess fees and unpaid direct debits all charges ranging from £20 - £90.

I take it these are the ones I can claim? As long as they are over £12?

Anybody? :)

And what if I have gone over my overdraft? Can the bank charge what they like or is any charge over £12 illegal?

My initial calculation shows that if I count every charge over £12 the bank will owe me £1024.50.

So am I right to include all charges inc the ones that are for me going over my agreed overdraft? Anything else I'm entitled too? Thanks in advance. :)

Anybody? :)

Sweet! Cheers Villaburd! :D

Having a look at some of my statements and it shows that several times the edit sods have docked me by £90 or more! :eek:

How on earth they can justify that I don't know.

Another quick check then I'll write out my Prelim letter. :)

**Moderator Note: Edited due to libelous content.

Ok just before I send this off I would like to make sure that I have the right address. Will it be the same address I used to send the Subject Access Request off to?

I know the above is a bit of a daft question but if anyone could shed any light on it, it would be most appreciated. :)

Hi Spearmint

You can use any branch address, as the letter will be routed via the internal mail system, and will reach its destination

As a Rule, I usually do send letters back to the last person who replied

I did not need an SAR, so I just sent it to my local branch

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Right, I'll send it off to where I got all my data from. Thankyou Sophie. :)

Hi guys,

Obviously I want to get this bang on the money (No pun intended) right first time so I'm afraid I have a couple more questions. :)

In my prelim letter I have copied the statement:

I calculate that you have taken [£****] plus [£****] which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum you have taken. [Total £****].

I enclose a schedule of charges which I am claiming with this letter.

Right question time......

(1) Which overdraft interest can I claim? All of it? Or just when the charges have put me into my overdraft or increased the amount I am into it?

And is it subject to the £12 rule as per the OFT rulings? As some of the overdraft interest charges are as little as 33p.

(2) What about overdraft usage charges? Most of the time they are around £5 and some as high as £9. Though never into the magic £12 zone.

(3)How do I make up a schedule of charges? Would that be through the use of the spreadsheet template on here or do I draft up something through Word?

Many, many thanks for your help. :)