style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm abroad but my debt in the UK is still ever present and the letters keep coming.

I haven't told them I'm abroad, but my Royal Mail redirection keeps me abreast of what's going on back home.

I have now raised the funds to send my UK finances backrupt...which I would like to do in case I want to move back in a couple of years...we can't guarentee that the creditors will wrtie off the debt after a few years, can we?

My only asset back in the UK is my pension (has been running for 7 years whilst on a £30k+ salary). I can't move it to my current location as I am only a temporary resident, at the moment. I assume that the official receiver will want to strip the funds from my pension to give to creditors...is this correct, as it's not an immediate asset but something I was relying on in a few years (about 15). It's a company scheme so, if I take the funds out myself, I expect I would lose their contributions.

Is there anything I can do to protect my pension fund? Will the reciever want to get his hands on it?

If I will lose it anyway, I may aswell close it and use any funds I get to fund the bankruptcy!

Many thanks,

LB

My understanding is that pensions of normal size are generally exempt from BR on public policy grounds.

Call national debt line to confirm.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.