How long do I wait for agreeement after CCA request?

ae123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a CCA letter on June 30th to DLC and recieved a letter dated July 11 from them indicting that they are still awaiting a copy of my original agreement from Egg and that they will forward it when it becomes available or if they are unable to provide it, they will supply me with a 'true copy' that will comply with Section 78 of the CCA 1974.

They said they would update me within 21 days. They have sent me a few of these letters now, but none yet for November. No agreement, no true copy...

What do I do? Just keep waiting? What if the letters stop?

Thanks.

hiya,

If they haven't complied with 12 working days of receiving the CCA request they enter a default situation and are unable to enforce the debt, at this stage you are within your rights to withold payments.

After a further 30 days they then committ a summary criminal offence, at which stage you should report them to TRading standards,.

kind regards,

shane

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

Hiya,

if you sent the CCa request on June 30th they have gone way passed the timeline, you need to report them to your local trading standards for non compliance.

Just a slight adjustment there Shane.

You report them to TS once they have passed the 12+month AND demand payment without the agreement.

If all they are sending is an update saying your account is on hold, then simply ignore them.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Just a slight adjustment there Shane.

You report them to TS once they have passed the 12+month AND demand payment without the agreement.

If all they are sending is an update saying your account is on hold, then simply ignore them.

Hi CB,

I guess it just comes down to personal preference at the end of the day. Personally, I think once they have passed the 30 day deadline and commit the summary offence regardless of whether they are demanding payment or not I would report them to Trading Standards, we shoudln't give them any leniency in the matter and they should be held fully accountable for the offence (even though TS won't bl**dy prosecute fully:mad: )

Just my opinion though:)

kind regards,

shane

Hi CB,

I guess it just comes down to personal preference at the end of the day. Personally, I think once they have passed the 30 day deadline and commit the summary offence regardless of whether they are demanding payment or not I would report them to Trading Standards, we shoudln't give them any leniency in the matter and they should be held fully accountable for the offence (even though TS won't bl**dy prosecute fully:mad: )

Just my opinion though:)

kind regards,

shane

My sentiments also shane5408...

However, it would be more factually correct if instead of 30 Days, U actually stated One Calendar Month...;)

FWIW...The DCA etc can face a Level 4 Fine if they are actually prosecuted.

What are the chances of them being prosecuted. does anyone know if there has ever been any prosecution regarding this offense?? And if there has been what was the fine, I expect a slap on the wrist for this serious offense, which is tantamount to fraud, blackmail and threatening behavior??:evil: