ivetriedallusernamesargh v Cap1

willtheywontthey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok . . we shall await your posts.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

They owe me about 450 pounds - got a reply today saying usual we are fair blah and said they'd put 50 pounds into my account (wowee).. Have sent letter stating court action in 14 days - reg'd post.

Can I claim registered post costs as well - at this rate it's going to cost me 50 pounds or so in postage if they keep adding bits of monies here and there to fob me off. Grrrr

thanks for that - not able to go court route so worst case is ombudsman. Regarding signed for rather than 'recorded' as I still call them - have heard that the 'signed for' route is not fit for purpose..... cannot track them either from what I've heard and most actually not signed for but posted...? Anyhow my postman signs for mine before posting them..... so for some of the more expensive claims I'm sending recorded 'special' or whatever it's called (the blue ones not orange!!)

You are right - since starting the process of reclaiming charges I have used 10s of recorded letters. About 30% never show up on track-and-trace even though they are answered by the recipient.

I kept a tally on what i have spent on a Lloyds claim. I put in a wasted costs order for my time and postage etc. Still waiting for the reply. I should know by Wednesday.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I know there's a general thread on the debt section about this but interested if any of the Capital one 'customers' have any experience with Cr*pital One + constant phone calls, refusal to stop phoning you despite you requesting they do so, you referring to harassment and other laws etc? I have stated that I will only communicate with them in writing and they send a letter back saying hard luck basically and phone us back if you're worried about security of information (!!) Getting more and more of these silent calls as well and more and more withheld numbers. Tiscali are rubbish and say it's BT who should allow me to block certain numbers... BT say it's Tiscali... argh!

A lot of people have had numerous calls everyday for months. There is a link here for a letter you could send:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

Have a look at Maggiebroom 's thread in the PPI section. She has had so much hassle with calls from them. She could give you some pointers.

WARNING TO ALL

thanks for fast reply.... I've actually sent them a similar and harsher letter but they are still insistent that will phone me!!! They even suggested I call them after their phone call so that I can check that they are legit! I've sent them three letters I recall in total - last one gave them x amount of days until I record them blah harassment blah.. their reply = above basically..

will check out link thanks....

• 1 month later...

Apologies for title but they really are taking the biscuit!

I have been writing to them several times reagrding phoen harassment - home and work (!!). They basically deny this is harrassment and take ageees to reply to my complaints.. fob off big time. They've had the usual harassment letters, recording notification etc and still they say they have the right to phione me and refuse to take details off their database or to call me. they have agreed (twice!!) not to phone me at work and twice defied this... so we're now on third 'go' on this.

I have no made a complain to ombudsman on 2 issues:

credit card charges - 300 pounds or so

harassment by telephone

Ombudsman now passed complain to 'investigation team'

so will let you know what outcome is... with these lot I am certainly not going to reach an agreement on the financial side without the telephone information / calls being sorted out first.. GRRRR!

ps. I no longer use my landline (unplugged) because of this obnoxious company.

Several threads merged - please stick to one thread per claim, makes it much easier to follow.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 1 month later...

well they've offered a 'goodwill' gesture via FOS of full amount but no reference at all made to my complaint about phone calls - handy omission that. Have written back to FOS refusing and reiterating my initial complaint about harassment and wishing the FOS to investigate their working practices etc