another prob with new company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,following my hearing last wednesday i recieved another request to attend another hearing regarding an alleged breach of h&s regulations.

after sitting down and thinking what they are on about the only thing i can come up with is that when we arrived for the hearing we parked next to the office and walked about 3metres from the van with out my safety glasses on ?????

my colleague who was my whitness did not have anything on besides saftey boots so im waiting to see if he gets a snotty letter aswell.

now we havelost count of the times my manager has walked across the site and has not worn any saftey glasses and i fail to see how parking next to an office litterally 3m away and then taking probally 7 or 8 steps to the office really warrants a breach and a disaplinery?

im going to ask the h&s officer on monday to get his opinion.

all advice welcome.thanks

Is this a disciplinary hearing? Does it state its so in the letter?. If it is and it states so then they should of given you the reasons why you have to attended the hearing.

Just saying a breach of h&s regulations is a bit scant and i would ask for more details.

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales

am i entitled to more details prior to the hearing as it dosnt state what the breach was just that there was one ?

Yes you are. Ask in writing for more details

thanks ill write and ask for the details,as the hearing is on wednesday am i entitled to get the hearing put back until i have the details ?

do they have to reschedule the hearing or is that there decision regardless of weather i have the imfo or not ?

You are entitled to time to digest any thing regarding the hearing.You are entitled to a witness and you are entitled to time to prepare for the hearing.

The hearing has to be at an mutually agreeable time and place, so you can ask for it to be postponed for you to have time to prepare.

This is not to say you can hold it off forever, if you request a postponement, you have 7 working days to rearrange the meeting.

ok i wrote to them,they should have received the letter today,the hearing is tomorrow and ive heard nothing from them to say that they are allowing a postponement.

can this hearing still so ahead? can i state at the hearing that im not prepared to be subjected to a hearing without prior imformation relating to what ive alleged to have done ?

feeling abit worried now.