BT charges

Mikesx13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6003 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently moved into a new flat and activated the (already installed) BT line in order to get TalkTalk up and running. All went swimmingly until BT sent me a bill for £75 for disconnection of the line.

This is a bit of a bummer! In the first instance I didn't realise TalkTalk actually disconnected the line in the second instance I didn't know BT had tied me in to a twelve month contract and in the third instance I didn't realise they'd charge me for cancellation anyway :roll:

Anyway, I activated the BT line over the phone through a sales advisor and at no time did he mention that it was a twelve month contract even though I told him I was only activating to get the TalkTalk, he didn't ask me whether I would prefer to have the T&C's through the post either.

Should he have done? If not I guess I just cough up, if so then i'll get them to find the call and subsequently tell them to feck off :D

I'm at a loss why you went to BT if want wanted Talk Talk, which is a CW service. Basically you were asking one firm to provide a service, then get another firm to replace it, so cancellation and re provision charges would certainly apply. I cannot think of ANY telco or broadband supplier who does not offer service with a minimum of 12 months, indeed most are pushing it up to 18, so you'll find it very difficult to argue this!

I'm at a loss why you went to BT if want wanted Talk Talk, which is a CW service. !

Eh, what is CW?

I needed a BT line because that's what TalkTalk told me to get it went like this:

'Yes sir you can purchase our TalkTalk services but we cant do this until you have an active BT line'

CW is Carphone Warehouse, and are the ultimate owners of Talk Talk. Interestingly, there appears to be massive confusion at TT over whether they can arrange for new lines. In the past, they certainly couldn't, you had to go to BT to arrange an install, then after the minimum service switch to TT. HOWEVER, there have been CAG members who have had TT arrange for the install of a new line (using BT Openreach) and no requirement to sign up with BT as a first step. If they told you wrong, then I'd expect them to pay you for their mistake!

CW is Carphone Warehouse, and are the ultimate owners of Talk Talk. Interestingly, there appears to be massive confusion at TT over whether they can arrange for new lines. In the past, they certainly couldn't, you had to go to BT to arrange an install, then after the minimum service switch to TT. HOWEVER, there have been CAG members who have had TT arrange for the install of a new line (using BT Openreach) and no requirement to sign up with BT as a first step. If they told you wrong, then I'd expect them to pay you for their mistake!

Ah righty, thanks for the advise i'll see what TalkTalk have to say :)