full and final

daimler afv

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

if it's a Full and Final settlement then the remainder is written off by the creditor.

An old trick of the DCA's is to mark it as "partially settled" so that they, or another of their kind can chase you for the remainder at a later date.

You need to ensure that you get in writing, not over the telephone, that as part of the full and final settlement agreement, the creditor will mark the CRA file as "settled" or "paid in full" rather than the aforementioned "partially settled" to avoid this situation

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves

Hi,

Have you been served with a default notice which has been registered at the CRA's? If so you might want to consider asking the removal of it as a term of the settlement, though the defaulted account would me marked as satisfied it still will remain there for 6 years.

kind regards,

shane

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales