Hi I'm Back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

Back in January I reclaimed 1700 back from halifax and won.I have kept my account free from charges, until last week when I received another back charge I admit this one was my fault.Then tonight when logging in to my online banking I have received another charge of 39.00 as I was 3.00 short for a DD I had forgot about.Do I need to go down the same road sending for Data protection to get back 78.00 or can I just go ahead with the prem letter asking for these to be refunded ?

Many thanks

shearers

Had exactly same problem myself last week due to being 79p short to pay council tax and they refused point blank to refund so I have now told them I will be issuing proceedings for ALL the money they still owe me - not just the £39 they charged me last week. They are behaving like total idiots I'm afraid.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

hi shearers and welcome back:D

you could always ring them and ask for them back sometimes they do and if not then yes its of with your prelim

it may take a bit longer this time around due to the test case

in january here are the links

OFT Test claim: What this means for you

OFT v Banks - **Don't panic!!!**

hi

While at work tonight I was told that the bank cannot take a bank charge from benefit money is this true ? does child tax count as a benefit?

I have had a bank charge to be taken today,One next week and two the week after total 152.00 in 3 weeks I find this soooo disgusting

lorraine

Thanks for that tilly

I phoned them and asked for the charges to be refund and they refused to do so.I have been paying a weekly bill by cheque since march funds was always available for cheque to clear .While on the phone to them the lady informed me that the system had changed and that the cheque would clear in 24 hours now due to the new system ,but it always took 3/5 days before so this is how I'm ending up with these charges.Wonder why halifax didn't inform their customers of this change in the system?

shearers

hiya

i did,nt know they had changed their system either from 3/5 days to 24 hours:o and who know,s how their minds work

these days or the left hand still dosnt know what the right is

doing :rolleyes: be sure to send your letter recorded delivery

I just read another thread about the nationwide and benefits and the person concerned had taken his case to the FOS who have written to nationwide to say that they must repay his benefits. I have little faith in the halifax repaying anything more at the moment after trying to get £39 back off them last week. Worth a try but if you get nowhere it might be worth writing to the FOS. Or maybe you could threaten the halifax with the fact that you are going to do so.....

BANK CHARGES

Others

Someone else has just told me that the FOS are not taking on any more complaints due to the test case:mad:. It might be worth checking with them though.

BANK CHARGES

Others

• 2 months later...

ok enough is emough

Halifax are claiming to take £210.00 from my account within 2 days.I am not working at present and my husband earns £177.00 per week.I have been on a strict budget due to me not working my morgage payment is due to go out of my account day after the charges are due,so if they take the money that I have been trying to keep in my account for this payment My morgage won't be paid

So I phoned Halifax explained my situation calmly and I received a reply there is nothing I can do for you I'm Sorry isthere anything else I can help you with today.

I'm So mad at this the operator even told me that they have a complaint made by me on file in my account.

Just don't know what to do as they are going to sink me.

shearers

Get every penny out of the account and make sure no more goes in. Have you got another account - or can you get one sharpish?

I had same problem with Halifax as they said I was taking legal action against them. I explained that I had not, I had simply written and asked for a refund and they had paid it. But I then said that I now would be taking legal action. Fools.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Yes I have been to another bank on monday 21st they took 3 months bank statements form halifax and then phoned to say that I could open an account at their bank,As the forms were only filled in on Monday the lady said that I would be contacted with my account number.Therefore I have to wait untill this comes though to be able to transfer the funds to my new account.

If I do this can'T they charge me further charges for the monies not being in my account for when they decide to take this 210 pounds.Wouldn,t I then end up paying more out

Shearers

Oh yes and they bloody well will!!! However if those future charges happen after you have switched accounts then you can tell them to stick them where the sun don't shine.

BANK CHARGES

Others

And draw out any funds that are cleared in cash. Let them stew on their stupid charges.

BANK CHARGES

Others

thanks for your reply

I'm just so worried (sat here crying whilst typing) that I will end up in debt if they keep hammering me with charges for charges due.I am geniuely looking for work at the moment,which is stressful enough without the halifax taking every penny that we have coming in at the moment.No point in phoning them and trying to explain as they just don't want to know.

Shearers

Once you have stopped using the account they can charge as much as they want. I did that with natwest once and the account ended up £1000 overdrawn - all charges - eventually they refunded the lot.

Can your OH get paid in cash until this is sorted out? You need the money - not them. Also, are there tax credits involved?

BANK CHARGES

Others

OK, just wondered if the halifax were [EDIT] taking tax credit money - that's how I got mine back.

I'm sure once you have got your new account up and running you will be fine. Do not think of their stupid charges as debts you owe - they most certainly are not:mad:

BANK CHARGES

Others

The only other money we have going into account is family allowance and my sons DLA (he gets a caring compontent) they have taken this in the past.Can i do anything about that

I have sent a letter before informing them not to use this money but they ignored it.

Shearers

Well you need to get this money moved to your new account asap. If there is a payment due before your new account is up and running I wonder if the benefits people will hold it back so you get it in the new account? I don't know if it's possible to do that, or ask them to send you a cheque until the new account is open.

BANK CHARGES

Others